Thread - Native Americans and Gun Laws

PDA

roscoe
May 16, 2008, 04:01 PM
Something weird in that thread. Page 1 and 2 are the same page.

If you enjoyed reading about "Thread - Native Americans and Gun Laws" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Matt King
May 16, 2008, 06:32 PM
I have gotten the same problem on a number of different threads.

BullfrogKen
May 16, 2008, 07:00 PM
That can sometimes happen when a Moderator deletes a spam post, or removes an otherwise unsavory or inappropriate post. Since the offending post is now gone from public view, the general membership doesn't see it. But every once in a while echos of it still persist. Often its noticed when a thread grows large enough to fill up a full page but not large enough to begin a second.

Whether you'll notice that oddity in vBulletin depends on what preferences you chose for viewing. I have mine set to display 25 posts per page. In the case that a thread has 25 posts, and one deleted spam or nastygram post in it, vBulletin sometimes reflects the thread as having 26 posts and creates the new page. But when you go to page two, its the same as page one because the actual content viewable by the public only has 25 posts.

The post is still there but removed from public view, because the Staff may have preserved it for evidence reasons such as to discuss a warning or ban.

HeavyDuty
June 13, 2008, 10:23 PM
Ken, that's odd - I'm on the mod staff of a very large vB based forum and I've *never* seen this happen there. And we delete a lot of posts!

I'm experiencing the same issue.

What delete option are y'all using? Soft delete?

JShirley
June 13, 2008, 10:37 PM
It depends on the reason for delete. We can hard delete if it's just a double-x-tap.

HeavyDuty
June 13, 2008, 10:55 PM
OK, I just checked - we're using the same version of vB as THR (3.6.8), so it isn't that. And our default is soft delete.

Very odd! I'd expect to see the same behavior there - I wonder if it's happening and I've just never noticed? That seems doubtful - I've been active there for almost a decade and a mod for most of that.

I'll ask our admin if he's ever seen this happen.

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Thread - Native Americans and Gun Laws" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!