Taurus MilPro PT-140 question......

PDA

freebird
May 19, 2008, 10:57 AM
I am looking at geting a New Taurus Milpro PT-140. Are these anygood? I have shot my friends PT-145 and like it but it is an older model that is just double action. So are the new one's really DA/SA? Have any of you shot the new one's? I am curious as to if it really makes the second trigger pulls and the following trigger pulls easier. Just wanted to see if it is worth it for the money. Any suggestions? Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus MilPro PT-140 question......" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
XDKingslayer
May 19, 2008, 11:09 AM
They aren't DA/SA they are a SA with a second strike capability. As long as the slide has been moved either from chambering the first round or by normal operation it will be SA as the striker is already "cocked". If the rounds fails to fire on an attempt you can pull the trigger again, this will be a DA trigger pull as it is recocking the striker as you pull the trigger back.

But under normal everyday operation it's striker fired weapon just like a Glock or an XD.

Now to answer your other question of if they are any good? In my opinion, no. I have had simple stupid problems with my MilPro that shouldn't have happened. They happened because of poor quality control at Taurus. Many people have had quality control problems. Many people have had factory support problems. All of them well documented here.

Also, there is a design flaw in the MilPros where if the trigger is even slightly depressed when the safety is applied the weapon will still fire.

If you get a good one it will be a good weapon that will feed and fire just about everything you throw at it reliably. If you get a bad one, it will be a complete nightmare and likely cause you to never buy another Taurus.

The problem is that there are too many "bad ones" to justify buying one to begin with.

freebird
May 19, 2008, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it a lot! My friend must have a good one then in the .45 because his will eat just about anything and keep on going. Now do the MilPro's have second stike capability also? I thought that was just the 24/7. I do like my friends XD so maybe I will go that route. Thanks again.

XDKingslayer
May 19, 2008, 12:24 PM
Yes the Mil-Pros have the second strike capability.

If the price difference isn't a problem I'd recommend the XD over the MilPro each and every time. I haven't had a single problem with my XD. Can't say the same for the Taurus.

Babalouie
May 19, 2008, 02:44 PM
I have exactly the one you want and I love it. Its been a super little weapon and very reliable with 180rn bullets. It doesn't feed 1655s very well but I prefer the 180s. Most of the post I have read are very positive and it you do a search you'll agree.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus MilPro PT-140 question......" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!