How is it going to work?

PDA

Gunnerpalace
May 19, 2008, 05:01 PM
On the day that SCOTUS comes back with their ruling (good or bad aside for now), what is the procedures for postings that day, is there going to be a sticky or just a post with threads merging. Just wondering as I bet things are going to go crazy.

If you enjoyed reading about "How is it going to work?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
brighamr
May 19, 2008, 08:11 PM
interested in this as well. It just might be worth it to have a forum spash screen with the verdict... or a sticky at the top of legal. hope you guys have good load balancing :)

conw
May 19, 2008, 08:22 PM
Surely there will be a sticky.

Anyone who tries to make a thread announcing the verdict, rather than search for a preexisting thread on the matter, will strike me as fairly silly.

Robert Hairless
May 19, 2008, 11:49 PM
Maybe the moderators could have alternative versions of the SCOTUS decision hidden in advance and instantly reveal the correct one the instant there's an announcement.

For instance "Dewey Wins!" ....

No, sorry, that's one I had left over from November 3, 1948. I really must clean up this hard disk some day. ...

Okay, here are the examples I meant to post:

SCOTUS rules for DC. Justices flee Washington.
SCOTUS rules for Heller. Justices flee Washington.
SCOTUS remands back to appeals court. Justices flee Washington.
SCOTUS postpones decision. Justices flee Washington.
Obama wins! Justice flees Washington.

VHinch
May 20, 2008, 12:58 PM
I'm imagining that Mal H will be taking 3 Excedrin, and coming up with a lot of clever closing lines.

hso
May 20, 2008, 04:31 PM
Perhaps we'll take the whole site down and just post the decision for a week (for the party or the wake, depending).

Thernlund
May 20, 2008, 04:34 PM
It just might be worth it to have a forum spash screen with the verdict.

That's not a bad idea. I can totally see how the site would be flooded with posts on the same topic.

-T.

Gunnerpalace
June 1, 2008, 09:29 PM
Understanding is that the ruling will come back on a Monday, tomorrow might be uh, heavy if that is the day.

If you enjoyed reading about "How is it going to work?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!