Wilson Armorcoat -vs- Les Baercoat -vs- Birdsong T-coat

PDA

g4string
May 19, 2008, 07:58 PM
Which one of these finishes would you think to be the most durable and lustrous for 1911 pistol. FWIW, I dont carry. Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Wilson Armorcoat -vs- Les Baercoat -vs- Birdsong T-coat" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tom Fury
May 20, 2008, 09:44 PM
Roguard or NP3? Roguard I think much more durable than Black T; had roguard on a Colt and BlackT on a P-12; BT peeled in the box in shipping.

NP3 is another of their proprietary finishes and is extremely durable; comes out a sort of pewter grey color which I think is sexy, and even better with some surface prep before refinish. Their service is great too.

Cheers,TF

skinewmexico
May 21, 2008, 12:44 AM
Black T. If it's good enough for the FBI, Navy, and Special Forces, it will probably work for you. I sure wouldn't call it lustrous. Maybe hard chrome.

45crittergitter
May 26, 2008, 11:04 PM
I think BaerCoat and Black T are the same - Teflon. My BaerCoat is not very durable - soft and wears off easily. I'd recommend something else.

If you enjoyed reading about "Wilson Armorcoat -vs- Les Baercoat -vs- Birdsong T-coat" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!