Ordering Walther P1

PDA

blkbrd666
May 19, 2008, 10:43 PM
Help, if you've ordered pistols from Dan. I have pretty much made up my mind to order 2 or 3 P1s from dansammo.com. I was going to get the handpicked better quality pistols. I don't have my C&R yet, so I am checking with a couple of local shops tomorrow to get a price on doing the transfers. Dan's site says all pistols have to be shipped UPS Next Day Air, but if I click on the pistol it carries me to a zip code entry to calculate shipping. When I get to the invoice screen, the shipping cost is 0.00. Does he cover the shipping??? I was expecting at least a $25.00 shipping charge.

Thanks for any info!

If you enjoyed reading about "Ordering Walther P1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
blkbrd666
May 20, 2008, 12:35 AM
No one has ordered from www.dansammo.com???

Shade00
May 20, 2008, 12:39 AM
I don't believe the P1s are C&R anyway.

By the way, the firearms page says:
"The shipping calculator does not add shipping charges for firearms,
appropriate charges will be added when we process your order.
Handguns must be sent by UPS Next Day Air Service."

searcher451
May 20, 2008, 10:52 AM
1. The P1 is not an C&R-eligible handgun.

2. A shipping charge is assessed.

3. Dan Tobin is a great guy and a good man to do business with; deal with him with no worries whatsoever. There's no need to get a handpicked pistol. Just get him on the phone, tell him what you want, and he'll send it to you exactly as advertised. His stock of P1s is superb; his "minty" guns are exactly that. I've bought two P1s from Dan in the past few months and am inclined to get another (when they are gone, they are gone).

Zebraranger
May 20, 2008, 07:27 PM
I have a P1 but not from DansAmmo.com, I know He has received good reviews on the P1/P38 forum as selling good condition P1's. Here's the link
http://www.p38forum.com/index.htm. Its a good forum for P1 owners.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ordering Walther P1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!