FIE E15 22 revolver opinions

PDA

rocinante
May 21, 2008, 08:00 AM
I have a couple of ruger vagueros in 357 and have had my eye out for a 22 colt clone for some cheaper practice. I got a FIE E15 off gunbroker for 88

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=99653277

I have done a quick search here and the opinions range from a worthless piece of pot metal to an accurate get her done little bargain. What do you think? Especially interested in feedback from people that have owned or used one. Also a little confused on who makes it. Some post say tanfoglio others say german.

If you enjoyed reading about "FIE E15 22 revolver opinions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Z71
May 21, 2008, 09:00 AM
I had two of these over the years. One was great, a good .22 revolver. The next one was a hunk of junk! Had a cylinder gap you could slip a dime into, and the barrel leaded badly.

I actually think RG made the first one(good one), but not sure who made the second one(crappy one). FIE marketed both.

I'm not 100% sure who made my FIE cowboy style .22's, it's been years, since I owned them. But the first one was a fine little revolver.

Ash
May 21, 2008, 09:30 AM
West German 22LR Cowboy action style 22's are a major crap-shoot. The majority are terrible while some are okay with a few that are pretty good. Arminius was one of the other makers.

Ash

John C
May 22, 2008, 02:53 AM
Please let us know how it turns out.

-John

theNoid
May 23, 2008, 02:57 PM
I own an E15 and haven't had any real problems with it as of yet. Sure, it's no Ruger Single Six or real Colt but hey, it was given to me and I have fun shooting it. I shoot both 22lr and mags through it and have no major complaints about it really. I wish the trigger was a nicer, and yeah the cylinder gap may be a bit wide but hey, it goes bang every time and generally sends the bullet in the direction I am aiming :)

Noidster

rocinante
May 23, 2008, 05:37 PM
so far fair to middling as expected. I should get it next week so I will report my impressions.

publiuss
May 27, 2008, 12:33 AM
My first handgun was an FIE .22 single action. Loud as hell and wouldn't hit a can with any consistency at 10 steps. Your opinions may vary.

msgttbar
May 27, 2008, 12:37 AM
Try this forum for some knowledgeable folks on this type gun.

http://bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com/forum/index.php

rocinante
May 29, 2008, 07:48 PM
Got the pistol today and as far as I can tell just playing with it it looks solid with a little handling wear. cylinder to barrel looks pretty tight too. Barrel rifling looks good.

Funny thing is I do not see any engraving for country of origin.

If you enjoyed reading about "FIE E15 22 revolver opinions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!