BTA90 - buy?

PDA

enichols
May 21, 2008, 10:49 AM
Hello all-
I saw a BTA90 on consignment at a local store for $360. Probably 95% condition. Buy or pass?
-Nic

If you enjoyed reading about "BTA90 - buy?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Cliff47
May 21, 2008, 12:16 PM
I'd say that it is over-priced by at least $50. A Tanfoglio import variant, solidly constructed, but finding mags could be problematic, parts from EAA may be a possibility. This was a compact version of the TA-90 pistol marketed by Tanfoglio Armee, and imported by FIE (if memory serves).

Jiml3
May 21, 2008, 01:16 PM
I would discourage you buying it on 2 points. First, it is overpriced. Second,
the current importer, EAA ( European American Arms), will not provide any customer support due to the fact that they were not the importer of BTA 90's.
Trust me on this, I have personal experience. They are very rude and unwilling to provide service of any kind. I have a BTA 90 with a cracked slide and can't get a replacement. They would nor even give me the address of the manufacturer. I researched it and found the address in Italy. I wrote and expressed my dissatisfaction with EAA and they apologized but did nothing.
Point is, if you need parts or service, you are s--t out of luck. Without a service support system, the gun isn't worth much!

Jiml3

lee n. field
May 21, 2008, 01:34 PM
I researched it and found the address in Italy. I wrote and expressed my dissatisfaction with EAA and they apologized but did nothing.

OK. Can the Italians do anything for you?

Jiml3
May 21, 2008, 03:46 PM
Quote:
I researched it and found the address in Italy. I wrote and expressed my dissatisfaction with EAA and they apologized but did nothing.

"OK. Can the Italians do anything for you?"

Yes they can!! Find me someone who can supply spare parts for their guns previously sold thru a former importer or require EAA to supply them. I even requested they they sell me the slide and ship it to me. They said they couldn't do it. So much for taking care of the customer.

Jiml3

enichols
May 21, 2008, 04:24 PM
Hmm... maybe I'll just save up and get the real CZ.
Thanks, guys.

Cliff47
May 21, 2008, 06:59 PM
Sounds like a plan, get the original product, and sleep well at night. Granted, the prices will be higher than the BTA-90 that you saw, but you have the support behind the product.

You might want to Czech out the CZForum (www.czforum.com), CZShooters (www.CZShooters.com), and the CZ-USA.com web sites.

The Bushmaster
May 21, 2008, 09:06 PM
Buy??? NO!!!

Glockorama
May 22, 2008, 09:10 AM
Hmm... maybe I'll just save up and get the real CZ.

Now you're talkin'! :cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "BTA90 - buy?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!