Not the world's best job...

PDA

Futo Inu
August 20, 2003, 01:20 AM
[doh!]

If you enjoyed reading about "Not the world's best job..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Futo Inu
August 20, 2003, 01:21 AM
here

300lbGorilla
August 20, 2003, 01:24 AM
At least they've got that wooden fence to protect anyone that's not interested in being somewhere beyond the muzzle. :uhoh: :rolleyes:

I think (hope) that they're not shooting anything traveling fast enough to cause any damage.

Devonai
August 20, 2003, 01:29 AM
"Oops, sorry, the sight on my M1 Carbine must have been in the 300 yard position. Sorry about your forehead."

JSolie
August 20, 2003, 02:40 AM
I've seen that picture before :what: You'd think that in a country that has a population of what, a couple billion, someone'd come up with a better way to hold up a target.

Or are they lookin' to thin the gene pool with using the Darwin candidates to hold up the targets? good grief

:banghead:

-- John

dinosaur
August 20, 2003, 06:11 AM
Interesting backstop.:what:

DigMe
August 20, 2003, 08:33 AM
My guess is that the guy is just setting the target up or something right?

brad cook

El Tejon
August 20, 2003, 08:38 AM
This is a Hackathorn class, right?

bogie
August 20, 2003, 10:58 AM
I wonder what sorta things the residents in the apartment on the other side of the range did to hack off the powers what be...

Shalako
August 20, 2003, 04:47 PM
"Now to make this here 100 yard shot with my 1911, I just aim right at the bullseye, eh?"

kalibear45
August 20, 2003, 05:26 PM
You shou'dve made it a CAPTION thread! :D

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?s=&postid=444013

"They don't pay me enough to do this job"

Chipperman
August 20, 2003, 05:29 PM
This is OT.
It's a knife-throwing target, not a gun target. :p

AZLibertarian
August 20, 2003, 06:27 PM
I bet the rent for those apartments is pretty cheap.

Gewehr98
August 20, 2003, 11:07 PM
Well, maybe because it was already here:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33884&highlight=backstop

waynzwld
August 21, 2003, 03:02 PM
Believe it or not, they target practice with empty guns for this at police stations. It is to train them to use the sights. That is why the apartments are in the background and the guy is holding the target. Never seen them train with live ammo.
It's the guys that transfer money from the banks you want to watch out for, they carry sawed-off shotguns with pistol grips or F/A sub-machine guns, and they give everyone dirty looks.

4v50 Gary
August 21, 2003, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the enlightenment Waynzwld. Now we know their state secret that cops don't get real bullets. "Bang! I got you. You're dead. You're suppose to lay down."

natedog
August 21, 2003, 08:40 PM
Wow, chinese labor must be REALLY cheap if they can pay a guy instead of buying a target stand :D

Quartus
August 21, 2003, 08:46 PM
It's the guys that transfer money from the banks you want to watch out for, they carry sawed-off shotguns with pistol grips or F/A sub-machine guns, and they give everyone dirty looks.

The one I saw (weekly) was carrying a PPK (knock off, probably) with his left hand firmly over the slide and, yes, doing his 18 year old best to look baaaaaad. :D

But don't worry about the backstop - those apartments are probably 5-10 stories high - the photo just cut them off. :D

citizen
August 21, 2003, 09:23 PM
(I wish I knew how to photoshop:banghead: )

DigMe
August 21, 2003, 09:54 PM

The ones I saw up north always only had either clubs or cattle prod-like devices. Most of the gun-carrying I saw occurred during the numerous times I visited Beijing. Saw some AK's and during a major holiday there were guys with what looekd like MP5's or some knockoff around the train station.

brad cook

Quartus
August 21, 2003, 10:03 PM
citizen, you need to visit China. I don't see anything unusual about that photo, and I've been on several engineering projects there.

It's a weird place.

MMcCall
August 21, 2003, 10:33 PM
Instead of making jokes about China, how about we realize that perhaps it means that the Chinese are such good shots, this guy is in no danger.

That's not a thought I find particularly comforting.

Hk Paul
August 21, 2003, 11:30 PM
I thought canada was supposed to be the backwards country. ;)

Keep your tuke on im not flaming Canada.

Tamara
August 22, 2003, 07:56 AM
How do you say "Hey, y'all! Watch this!" or "Hold mah beer" in Cantonese?

Coronach
August 22, 2003, 10:42 AM
Population control idea #452

:D

Mike

BigC
August 22, 2003, 11:31 AM
He dont look happy. :)

waynzwld
August 22, 2003, 02:34 PM
Chinese labor is VERY CHEAP. everything that can be done with manual labor is done with manual labor. There are so many people and everyone needs a job. The place is like being stuck in a wormhole with one leg in the 21st century and the other leg in the 19th century.

The cops do not carry guns, only the military police carry guns, and not many of them are allowed to carry guns. But when it comes to money, the military police that guard the transfers are VERY ARMED, with all kinds of cool weapons.

The magazine stands there carry a beautiful, well done monthly magazine called "Famous Guns" only problem it is all in Chinese :D

Quartus
August 22, 2003, 11:33 PM
Instead of making jokes about China, how about we realize that perhaps it means that the Chinese are such good shots, this guy is in no danger.

That's not a thought I find particularly comforting.

:D :D :D

Seriously, if you'd ever spent time there you'd realize how hilarious that is.

everything that can be done with manual labor is done with manual labor.

At times it's beyond odd - it gets downright BIZARRE. Like watching men with SLEDGEHAMMERS taking down a 4 story concrete frame of a building that never got completed. (THere's a lot of that over there.) Just swarming all over it, swinging what must be 12 pound sledges on their semi-ridged handles. Standing on a concrete beam, pounding the daylights out of it, while a hydraulic hammer works on the other end. :what:

That's after they chase out the squatters that settled in the place over the last 3 or 4 or 10 years it's been sitting there.

If you enjoyed reading about "Not the world's best job..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!