Makarov.

PDA

emilianoksa
May 26, 2008, 10:22 PM
I love these little pistols, and there are plenty of the Russian ones made for the civilian market in 380 ACP and 380 Mak in South America, where I live.

The problem with my tired old eyes is that the front sight has a tendency to merge into the black targets used at the range.

Iīve heard that a bit of modellerīs bright enamel paint or even nail varnish can improve the sight picture for oldies like me.

Is there any truth in this?

If you enjoyed reading about "Makarov." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
lee n. field
May 26, 2008, 10:34 PM
Some. No harm in trying.

Do you have a fixed or adjustable rear sight?

emilianoksa
May 26, 2008, 10:41 PM
Fixed.

ScaryWoody
May 26, 2008, 10:45 PM
I outlined my Mak sights with paint. I took a drill bit and milled a small shallow hole. I did a base coat of white then painted over with fluorescent yellow. I capped it off with a drop of superglue. It does help with target acquisition but is still small for my taste.

Apple a Day
May 26, 2008, 10:56 PM
Like this? I painted the rear sight with orange and the front sight with green/white. They are both glow-in-the-dark hobby paint. It makes a BIG difference. It helps a lot to put a dab of primer on before the actual paint IMHO.
Cheers,
Apple

emilianoksa
May 26, 2008, 11:15 PM
Bless you both.

Thatīs good to hear.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Makarov." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!