I'm Looking For

PDA

CB900F
May 26, 2008, 11:07 PM
Fella's;

I'm looking for bottom metal for a standard length action Tikka T3. In the white or blued, no difference to me, I'll take either. I'm building a gun based on the T3, but would really like to replace the nylon with metal & blue it to match the barrel & action.

I've checked Brownell's & didn't see anything. My options seem to be either modifying the magazine set-up & going with something like Winchester model 70 bottom metal, or staying with the stock nylon. Unless somebody here knows of another way to do it?

900F

If you enjoyed reading about "I'm Looking For" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
220_Swift
May 26, 2008, 11:50 PM
I would find a local machine shop. They should be able to reproduce anything you give them in metel. We have a shop near here run by the Amish. I have taken in numerous plastic parts to be made into metel, or make a new one from something broken. They have never once failed, and a couple times made the item much better in design. Just a thought, but that is what I would do. Good luck, and good shooting.

If you enjoyed reading about "I'm Looking For" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!