Repairing Loaded Springer

PDA

2nd 41
May 27, 2008, 09:02 PM
I sent my recently purchased SA #9152 back to SA. It was jamming. Rounds were hanging up as they entered the barrel chamber. Customer service was very accommodating with the return procedure.
After the warranty work(no charge) is complete it is going to their Custom Shop for Action Work.($80) I will follow up on everything.

If you enjoyed reading about "Repairing Loaded Springer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
2nd 41
June 13, 2008, 09:18 PM
Picking up Loaded tomorrow AM. Will fire 100 rds and report back

Canuc Shooter
June 13, 2008, 09:23 PM
Hope all is well with the Springer.

2nd 41
June 22, 2008, 09:03 PM
It still has a feed problem. I feel it is the ammo. Winchester 230 Value Pack from WalMart. I will use different ammo and give it a thorough work out.
Anyway. SA customer service is 5 star. The turn around was very timely. Less than 3 weeks. They replaced the rear sight. The pin was walking. They polished the feed ramp and more. The custom shop did an action job..4lbs.($80.00) It is sweet. This pistol makes me look good.

I'd buy another Springer. The Customer Service is terrific.

THE MACHINIST
June 22, 2008, 09:36 PM
Mfr: MILLENIUM CUSTOM II

Dual Coil Springs End Extractor Failure

No-fail extractor operates with long-lasting coil springs for increased service life; provides enhanced, reliable performance for self-defense and competitor shooters. Machined from super strong, alloy steel; specially hardened and heat treated to last indefinitly. Installs easily in Series 70 1911 Autos without slide modifications. try this it works. from brownells.

2nd 41
June 23, 2008, 02:14 PM
Hey thanks. My first goal is changing Ammo. If that fails I'll try your suggestion.

wingman
June 23, 2008, 05:46 PM
I doubt it is the ammo, is the hang up on a full mag.?

2nd 41
June 23, 2008, 08:23 PM
I doubt it is the ammo, is the hang up on a full mag.?
Not on a full mag. After 3-5 rds on any mag. Tried a Wilson 47D...same thing. I might fire 30 rounds or so until the hanging up starts.
I only used Winchester in this pistol. One round (Winchester) did hang up in my new S&W 1911DK.....so I'm suspicious.

wingman
June 23, 2008, 08:53 PM
My Springfield will feed just about anything I did polish the ramp myself other
then that been fine, if using only hardball ammo jams usually are caused by
the mags.

2nd 41
August 4, 2008, 10:21 PM
Fired 100Rds of "Value Pack" Winchester FMJ. Fired flawlessly. I'm going to say that the ammo is inconsistently manufactured and causing the jamming. It's not the Pistol. My gut feeling.
The action work from Springfield Custom Shop is a pleasure. I'm enjoying this 1911. It is fun to shoot. They did a great job.

Eric F
August 4, 2008, 10:26 PM
This pistol makes me look good.
If you need a gun to make you look good then...........well never mind.

I would buy a high quality mag. 99% feed problems in a 1911 are the mags. at the minimum I would change the mag spring and maybe follower too.

2nd 41
August 5, 2008, 08:15 PM
If you need a gun to make you look good then...........well never mind.
EDIT: I need more than a gun to make me look good. A face job wouldn't hurt.
The problems did occur with a Wilson 47D also.

possum
August 5, 2008, 10:22 PM
sorry to hear that you are having these issues, but you are right there cs is top notch and they will square you away. i have 1000rds through my sa 1911, no issues, i hope yours gets squared away real quick like.

Texastbird
August 6, 2008, 01:07 PM
I wonder if your Springer might have a "tight" chamber. I have a Colt that is particular on Ammo. I began using a Lee FCD on my reloads and it feeds without a hiccup now. I wonder if they checked the chamber on yours.

2nd 41
August 6, 2008, 08:05 PM
Last 100 rds were flawless. (Winchester). Prior to that I used a box of Fiocci and 1 out of 50 hung up. I'm just gonna keep fired away and Wear It In. I can live with an occasional Hanger....The pistol is strictly for fun. Not for service or competition.

If you enjoyed reading about "Repairing Loaded Springer" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!