Who makes Springfield's Slide Stops?

PDA

marklbucla
May 28, 2008, 02:50 PM
I called Springfield and they didn't know.

They installed a King's safety on warranty, so I figured that maybe other parts are from other manufacturers.

If you enjoyed reading about "Who makes Springfield's Slide Stops?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
May 28, 2008, 03:20 PM
Lowest bidder probably.

rcmodel

Jim Watson
May 28, 2008, 07:13 PM
Lowest bidder in Brazil.

actionflies
May 28, 2008, 07:20 PM
Forged from Imbel of Brazil.

Ske1etor
May 29, 2008, 09:18 AM
Forged from Imbel of Brazil.

Only the Slides and Frames... the small parts are not forged. They are MIM like every other mass production 1911...

Neckshot5seven
May 29, 2008, 10:05 AM
I herd that the casting plant for and owned-contracted by Taurus makes alot of MIM parts for quite a few American gunmakers. No solid proof, but just hearsay

Old Fuff
May 29, 2008, 10:20 AM
I called Springfield and they didn't know.

Which is probably true. Springfield Armory like most of the other current 1911 makers don't make parts themselves. They buy the parts from subcontractors, and the business goes to the one that makes the lowest bid. Not too reassuring if you depend on the pistol. Higher end lines may or may not get better quality parts, but unless they specify the supplier you have no way of knowing for sure. :uhoh:

USGI slide stops were made out of high carbon steel forgings, but absolutely nobody pays attention to those standards today.

If you enjoyed reading about "Who makes Springfield's Slide Stops?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!