Cz-75b

PDA

RancidSumo
May 29, 2008, 12:45 AM
I have heard a lot of good things about the CZ-75B and am now considering buying one. I am not a huge fan of 9mm but it is cheaper and is still fun to shoot so it seems like this may be a good option. My questions are;

1. Is the CZ-75B a good gun (as in accurate, reliable, ergonomic)

2. Which version is better, Single/Double or Single action?

If you enjoyed reading about "Cz-75b" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sans Authoritas
May 29, 2008, 12:50 AM
Rancid,

1. Is the CZ-75B a good gun (as in accurate, reliable, ergonomic)

Yes. All of the above, in spades. The CZ-75 is particularly renowned for its ergonomics. Everyone's hand shape is different, of course. For example, I do not like the feel of a 1911 at all. A CZ-75 fits like a glove, and I became a better shooter in a heartbeat.

2. Which version is better, Single/Double or Single action?

That is a matter of taste and purpose. For competition and target shooting, single action would probably be your cup of tea. For self-defense, you may prefer the SA/DA. Either way, you've got single-action at your fingertips if you like.

You won't regret it.

-Sans Authoritas

johnson_n
May 29, 2008, 12:52 AM
I picked this up today. This will be a range gun mostly so I opted for the SA and will eventually get some trigger work done to it.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m127/johnson_n/IMG_2164.jpg

Redhat
May 29, 2008, 12:55 AM
FYI...they also come in .40 S&W. I like mine lots!

Craig M. Arnold
May 29, 2008, 01:01 AM
I like all my CZs a lot!

Best regards.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/cmarnold7/CZGunCollection0408003.jpg

jdc1244
May 29, 2008, 01:03 AM
My 75B is also in .40 S&W, it has yet to fail – and that’s with lots of different ammo. Amazing gun.

eerw
May 29, 2008, 01:04 AM
Tough choice..
both are super guns..accurate, reliable, easy to carry.

eventually you will end up with both..as its hard only having one CZ..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/eerw/Cool%20Stuff/CZ75b11a.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/eerw/Cool%20Stuff/cz75sa1-1.jpg

Quoheleth
May 29, 2008, 01:13 AM
Are intended, but - as always - this is the case of the gun must fit the owner-to-be. I've asked also about CZs, and getting rave reviews (and seeing the recent group buy inquiry) looked at one at a LGS. Two problems: One, the SA model is scarcer than hens teeth so I couldn't handle that one; two, the DA model (75B) has too long of a trigger reach for my short fingers. Solid feeling gun; great rep; decent prices...but it does me no good, as I cannot reach the trigger at rest (da mode).

So, I'm left with an MP9 that I can handle, a couple Ruger DA revolvers, and a Springer GI1911. All with no problem.

If you have small hands, check before you buy (i.e. on-line).

Q

eerw
May 29, 2008, 01:30 AM
I actually have pretty small hands too..I found that the newer recurved trigger brings the trigger face back..and with the thinner CZ rubber grips or the flat aluminum grips I can easily reach the DA trigger..
might see if you can find and try...

This is my 75SA converted to DA with the recurved trigger and the flat aluminum grips..also with this frame you can get a little deeper grip with the beavertail..than you can on the 75B frame which is a different shape.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/eerw/Cool%20Stuff/_75SA00A0041.jpg

definitely if you can..try before you buy..

Samuel Adams
May 29, 2008, 03:21 AM
That is a matter of taste and purpose. For competition and target shooting, single action would probably be your cup of tea. For self-defense, you may prefer the SA/DA. Either way, you've got single-action at your fingertips if you like.
+1

I have one of each (so far), the SA being my newest.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/candm1998/CZ75BSA-3.jpg

3 gun
May 29, 2008, 03:30 AM
Get the DA/SA model used for about $300 and send it in for a trigger job. Standard mags can still be found for $20 and under. CZ has a 26rd mag that works great for plinking. You'll have a pistol that could out shoot anyone short of a master in IDPA/USPSA or make a great CCW for less than $500 total.

JohnKSa
May 29, 2008, 03:58 AM
Here's a picture of my CZ75B with a 25 yard target I shot the first time I took it to the range. Five shots into just under 2.4"
http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=79104&stc=1&d=1212045951

270Win
May 29, 2008, 04:56 AM
Best handgun I own; I LOVE the CZ-75B, and would recommend the single/double action.

leadcounsel
May 29, 2008, 05:41 AM
CZs are the best bargain in town. You'll get a top performing pistol at half the price.

GZOh
May 29, 2008, 05:52 AM
Own several CZs (75B, SP-01T, Kadet)... and they are simply EXCELLENT guns! The quality is superb, they are VERY RELIABLE (over 4000+rnds ZERO problems, FTFs, FTE, etc), very accurate, and fit ME like a glove!... All that said, they first have to fit/feel right to YOU! There are alot of very good 9mm's out there... rent a couple and SHOOT 'EM... you'll know in a minute which one is right for YOU. Regarding SA, SA/DA... unless the gun is solely for targeting, I would ALWAYS get the SA/DA, more practical.

Treo
May 29, 2008, 07:18 AM
I think the SA/DA is a more versatle choice but as others have mentioned CZs do tend to breed in your gunsafe lyou'll probably end up W/ both anyway

sernv99
May 29, 2008, 07:39 AM
another vote for the CZ-75B. I ended up getting this gun after doing major research on what my first handgun would be. The Sigs were nice but expensive. The HKs were nice but expensive. Then I saw the CZ-75 and liked the classic look of it and also the weight. Reminds me of a Browning Hi-Power. And it costs much less than the Sigs and HKs. I didnt like the Glock design so I passed on that.

I bought mine in SA/DA and just shoot it in SA mode at the range. No failures with close to 500 rounds through it. Now I'm thinking to get one in .40 caliber. But since I have a CZ gun, I want to try a different design to have a variety in my collection so I may look at the SIG line again. As a first gun though, I think the CZ-75 is perfect and I'm VERY happy with mine.

bikerdoc
May 29, 2008, 08:20 AM
sa/da my vote, great weapon !!!

McCall911
May 29, 2008, 08:33 AM
SA vs. SA/DA. IMO either/or, but I, personally, just do not like lowering the hammer on a loaded chamber. But the CZ is definitely a fine handgun, from my experience.

GZOh
May 29, 2008, 08:45 AM
Ditto McCALL... Never really liked the 'Manual Safety' either... like you, uncomfortable lowering the hammer by hand so... went to the DECOCKER model and love it!! Standard on my SP-01 Tactical and will never get a 'manual' again... the 75BD is the same exact gun as the standard 75B, just with the Decocker!

Gunsby_Blazen
May 29, 2008, 08:56 AM
those are some good guns, i say get one.
but, I am going to go with the minority and say to get the single action. I really love single actions over double, but all that depends on the guns intended use. For anything but self defense I would say go with single action. Self defense, you should get a double. I just think single actions are more fun.

++BUT, the best advice I can give you is to handle the gun or at least the same model before you buy one. You got to know if you like the way it feels to you

best of luck to you

ZeSpectre
May 29, 2008, 09:11 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. My CZ-75 (.40 S&W) is the single most accurate "out-of-the-box" pistol that I own. It has given me ZERO problems and I'd buy another in a heartbeat if I had the funds. (buying a house kinda put a crimp in the budget <grin>).

The Pistol...
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/zespectre/CZ-75bSatin_001.jpg

30 ft rapid fire doubles...
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/zespectre/CZ-75_Aliens.jpg

50 ft slow and controlled fire
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/zespectre/CZ-75_Bullseye.jpg

Samuel Adams
May 29, 2008, 09:54 AM
Nice shooting.

ZeSpectre
May 29, 2008, 09:57 AM
Thanks. I was having an -extremely- good day at the range when I pulled that set of targets :)

Cloudpeak
May 29, 2008, 02:36 PM
I really like my CZ75 Compact (9mm) and like the choice of cocked and locked or hammer down for DA first shot. It's pretty accurate.

Cloudpeak

5 shots offhand at 7 yards.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/WyoBob/Targets/DSCN1581.jpg

RancidSumo
May 29, 2008, 03:08 PM
well, with close to 50 votes and none for "don't get the CZ" I think I will end up with one by the end of the summer. Thanks.

Pilot
May 29, 2008, 03:57 PM
the DA model (75B) has too long of a trigger reach for my short fingers.

Then shoot it in single action. It is designed to be carried cocked and locked as well as DA.

johnson_n
May 29, 2008, 04:10 PM
Remember that the 75B SA has a different frame where the beaver tail is higher up giving you a different grip.

GZOh
May 29, 2008, 04:32 PM
RANCID... You will never regret buying a CZ!... the problem you will ultimately have is that, like all of us who own them, you will NOT be able to stop at ONE!!!... I own other guns, and I would NEVER sell, trade or give-away ANY of my CZs... PERIOD!!
GZOh

75B
SP-01
75 Kadet
P-01

rjk2475
May 29, 2008, 05:04 PM
were those great targets shot with stock trigger or a tuned one? trying to decide if it's worth doing to my BD. thanks

Calhoun
May 29, 2008, 09:07 PM
I voted for the DA/SA. That way you get both options. Also, after you get the 75, and you will, don't send it off to the gunsmith right away. Put a few thousand rounds through it first. That's the best trigger job you can get.

Cloudpeak
May 29, 2008, 09:46 PM
were those great targets shot with stock trigger or a tuned one? trying to decide if it's worth doing to my BD. thanks

I did the online (CZ Forum) trigger job on my CZ Compact. This did help my grouping ability noticeably. It is my understanding that doing a trigger job on a decocker is a job for a gunsmith in that they are more complicated internally than the DA/SA CZ75.

Cloudpeak

Here's a picture of my Compact and a target shot before the trigger job. (Everyone likes pictures, right? except those on dial-up.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/WyoBob/Guns/DSCN1575.jpg

Ash
May 29, 2008, 09:54 PM
Another vote for the DA/SA CZ-75. Mine is a "Pre B" and I love it. I also owned a 1996 Turk "B" and loved it, too.

Ash

Omaney
May 29, 2008, 09:57 PM
Wow. 67 votes and no one has said don't get the CZ. On this forum that's strong praise indeed. If someone hated the CZ they would of chimed in by now. I am a CZ convert. I just put 300 rounds through my first 75B and am hooked. I cannot believe how this pistol feels in the hand and how absolutely straight it shoots. The CZ 75B is an outstanding piece of hardware. I just found my new winter carry piece.

ZeSpectre
May 29, 2008, 10:03 PM
My targets were shot with a bone stock CZ. The only trigger job done on it was what comes from putting about 450 rounds through it.

1SOW
May 30, 2008, 12:14 AM
1.Yes. 2.Yes. 3.Yes. CZ 75B is my choice.
I have short fingers and a thin wallet. I did a trigger job and made some aluminum grips. It worked.
The 75 SA has a better OOB & shorter reach trigger. I'm just not comfortable in all situations with a cocked and locked gun. Range only, it is the way to go.

SDDL-UP
May 30, 2008, 09:32 AM
I think you should try the 75B since that is the way the gun was first designed. They are great guns for sure! The SA that EERW put together is really sweet and may be a viable option for those with smaller hands. I woudn't mind it a bit is CZ went to that frame shape for all their full size guns.

ZombiesAhead
May 30, 2008, 10:01 AM
I don't quite get it. Can't they all be carried either SA (cocked, with safety on) or DA (letting the hammer down slowly on a full chamber, safety must be off)?

This is how it is for my CZ-75 SP-01.

M40A1
May 30, 2008, 10:06 AM
I purchased the CZ75SA (for the nicer beavertail and full profile slide) and had it converted back to DA/SA for USPSA production. I didn't like the looks or the muzzle heavy feel of the SP01, but didn't want it as light as the CZ75B. Turned out a nice compromise, very accurate, sits in the hand well, not too muzzle heavy.

Caseless
May 30, 2008, 03:10 PM
Get both before the price climbs higher.

Orion8472
May 30, 2008, 03:28 PM
I'm getting ready to "pull the trigger" on buying a Tactical Sport model. It was either that or the Custom, and it seemed as though both were going to be close to the same price anyway. I decided that I liked the looks of the two toned finish, with wood grips, and the longer barrel. I hope to get it soon, though a grand is a lot to drop. :uhoh:

FEG
May 30, 2008, 04:21 PM
I don't quite get it. Can't they all be carried either SA (cocked, with safety on) or DA (letting the hammer down slowly on a full chamber, safety must be off)?

The 75B SA is a single action pistol. (I refuse to use the oxymoron "single action only." Single already means one only!!!!) It has an enlarged ambi safety, SA trigger, extended beavertail, and drop free magazine brake.

The 75B SA is intended as a low level competition gun or a platform for building a high level one. I own one, and I love mine. Still, it is less than ideal for combat, as compared to a standard 75B model.

Orion8472
May 30, 2008, 04:56 PM
Why is a SA less than ideal? Besides, aren't most 1911s SA?

M1911
May 30, 2008, 05:11 PM
I've got a CZ-75B. Frankly, I'm not that impressed with it. The SA trigger is only OK (travel is too long). Lots of tooling marks on the inside. Sights are fair at best. Safety is ok, but not as comfortable to use as a 1911 safety.

Meh.

Caseless
May 30, 2008, 05:37 PM
I've got a CZ-75B. Frankly, I'm not that impressed with it. The SA trigger is only OK (travel is too long). Lots of tooling marks on the inside. Sights are fair at best. Safety is ok, but not as comfortable to use as a 1911 safety.

I have completely the opposite opinion. For an out-of-the-box handgun, what's more important? Reliability or appearance?
I avoid factory stock 1911s like the plague. :)

FEG
May 30, 2008, 06:00 PM
Why is a SA less than ideal? Besides, aren't most 1911s SA?

You missed the context. It has nothing to do with being SA, but everything to do with all of the "competition" features.

The SA model has a different frame (extended beavertail, full length dustcover). Many of the better fully boned holsters for the CZ 75/85 series will not fit.

The extended ambi safety makes it harder to draw from concealment.

Most people like the drop free magazine brake. I do not, as I prefer to retain the magazine when necessary.

The initial run of pistols had an adjustable trigger made of plastic. (Mine does, too.) If you screw around with these (like pulling the trigger with the hammer down), they can break. Most people never had a problem with them, but they are now shipped with a metal trigger to "American-proof" them.

I like the 75B SA more than the 75B (but not as much as a Transitional converted to SA). That said, it is not intended for combat, IMHO.

M1911
May 30, 2008, 06:03 PM
Caseless: My 1911s are reliable. The tooling marks aren't a big issue. What are big issues for me are:

1) the trigger is fair at best and it isn't easy to find a gunsmith who can work on one. In contrast, 1911 gunsmiths are a dime-a-dozen.

2) when carrying a cocked-and-locked gun, the safety better be easy to manipulate without fail. That is true for my 1911s. Not true for the CZ-75 for me. YMMV.

3) the sights just don't work for me. If I don't like the sights on a 1911 (or a Glock, or an HK, etc.), I can replace them with Heinie, Novak, Bomar, etc.

Btw, what's up with the slide stop pins breaking on CZ-75s?

FEG
May 30, 2008, 06:04 PM
I've got a CZ-75B. Frankly, I'm not that impressed with it. The SA trigger is only OK (travel is too long)..

It is a stock pistol costing less than $450. There are a lot of gunsmithing options that will take care of that.

Lots of tooling marks on the inside.

Which have absolutely no bearing on reliability or accuracy.

Sights are fair at best.

Fair criticism.

Safety is ok, but not as comfortable to use as a 1911 safety.

???? I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. My thumb sure can't tell the difference.

FEG
May 30, 2008, 06:06 PM
Btw, what's up with the slide stop pins breaking on CZ-75s?

More smoke than fire. The design was altered to correct this around 1979. Some of the race gun crowd eventually break these, after about 20K rounds or so.

the sights just don't work for me. If I don't like the sights on a 1911 (or a Glock, or an HK, etc.), I can replace them with Heinie, Novak, Bomar, etc.

There are quite a few drop-in aftermarket sights for CZs. Notably MMC and LPA.

buttrap
May 30, 2008, 07:53 PM
I do agree the factory sights could be bigger but they are still 1000 times better than whats on my 1918 colt 1911 or the BHP I traded off after getting a CZ.

RancidSumo
May 30, 2008, 09:42 PM
Just to clarify, this is a range only gun, so with this in mind, would SA be best?

Ala Dan
May 30, 2008, 09:55 PM
I voted for the DA/SA mode~! ;) :D

BlindJustice
May 30, 2008, 10:11 PM
I just bought a CZ 75B. I got it after looking at a lot of 9MM platforms.

Reliable, highly accurate, great ergos for me, and the DA/SA option is
a bonus and great quality for the money.

I got it for a more economical range gun and it's replaced the
S&W Model 60 for the bedside gun.

M1911
May 31, 2008, 08:24 PM
I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. My thumb sure can't tell the difference.Mine can. A good safety on a 1911 sits right under my right thumb. I ride the safety while shooting. I find the CZ75 safety harder to find. YMMV.

Redhat
May 31, 2008, 10:59 PM
I like 1911's too but I accept that each is different.

I don't pull out my CZ and expect it to "feel" like a 1911.

lysander
May 31, 2008, 11:18 PM
Get the DA/SA...the trigger smooths out with exercise. I owned an 85B and loved it. I never....EVER should have let it go. Hard to find a better gun for the money. IMHO...

FEG
May 31, 2008, 11:23 PM
Just to clarify, this is a range only gun, so with this in mind, would SA be best?

The 75B SA. You should be able to break bottles at 75m with the OEM sights and factory ammunition. (With some practice, of course!) It is the most accurate "stock" CZ without going to the Tactical Sport ot Champion premium models.

See also the 75B SA Club:

http://czechpistols82792.yuku.com/forums/24/t/CZ-SA-CLUB.html

Ash
June 1, 2008, 08:48 PM
For a Range Gun, I would say the SA would be best, as the single action on the single action CZ-75 is decent. 1911, is yours single action or DA/SA?

1911 tuners are a dime a dozen, but there are excellent 75 smiths. Unless yours is down the street, then mailing it means it doesn't really matter how many CZ smiths there are if that is needed.

I would trust a CZ-75 over any 1911 in the same price range both in accuracy, reliability, longevity, and quality of build.

Ash

M1911
June 1, 2008, 11:03 PM
1911 tuners are a dime a dozen, but there are excellent 75 smiths. Unless yours is down the street, then mailing it means it doesn't really matter how many CZ smiths there are if that is needed.Mine is about 10 miles away.

I would trust a CZ-75 over any 1911 in the same price range both in accuracy, reliability, longevity, and quality of build.I've got both. I wouldn't. And I can hit faster and more accurately with a 1911. YMMV.

1SOW
June 1, 2008, 11:17 PM
FEG +1----Range use: +1 for the SA.

Any experienced/competent gunsmith should be able to do a CZ75B trigger smoothing and lightening. Replacing the 30lb hammer spring with a 15lb spring changes/improves the trigger dramatically.

While you do need a third hand in one spot, my son and I followed the illustrated step-by-step trigger job procedures available on the CZForum.com with no problems. This gun now has a very nice trigger DA and SA.

lvcat2004
June 2, 2008, 01:20 AM
We're talking about CZ75's. We don't care about 1911's. If you are just coming in to HATE, please go away.

I would personally get a DA/SA first, and then move on to its variations...:D Like others have said, it's hard to just have one CZ....

FEG
June 2, 2008, 02:32 AM
I would trust a CZ-75 over any 1911 in the same price range both in accuracy, reliability, longevity, and quality of build.

A prudent shopper can obtain a completely tuned CZ 75 or 75B for well under $600, new or used. Comparing a 1911 to a CZ 75 is disingenuous, at best.

If you think the 1911 or Glock is superior to the CZ, congratulations! You win, you rule the world, and I hope you are satisfied! ;)

Meanwhile, this thread will try to continue to discuss the relative advantages of the SA vs. SA/DA CZ.

Thank you, and God bless...

mr.trooper
June 2, 2008, 02:52 AM
the trigger is fair at best and it isn't easy to find a gunsmith who can work on one. In contrast, 1911 gunsmiths are a dime-a-dozen.

I'm sorry, but this is WRONG! The trigger isn't match grade for sure, but its better than my SA 1911 thats for sure! Id compare it to the Glock but thats just being cruel to the Glock.

Whats more, is that we have already discussed IN THIS THREAD, the fact that the trigger can be improved by the owner at home; this is well documented on CZ forums.

the gunsmith comment doesn't make any sense to me either. The CZ-75 is a simple design. Any yahoo can work on one. Whats more, the CZ actually shares the Same locking mechanisms as the 1911, thanks to the FACT that the Browning high power so heavily influenced itsdesign. ANY gunsmith....ANY GUNSMITH, should be able to work on a CZ-75 in their sleep.

Any experienced shooter will feel at home inside a CZ, so I see no reason why a certified gunsmith wouldn't be able to do anything you could ever ask for.

M1911:

Please explain to me HOW you can "hit faster" with a pistol that has MORE recoil in the same sized package? If your so convinced that you got reamed on your CZ, then why don't you send it to me?

---

As for the actual advantages between the SA/DA and SA models, The only advantage I see to the SA only model is the lower learning curve. just like any DA/SA gun, going from a longer heavier DA pull to a short light pull from the first to second round can really throw off your aim, and screw up your muscle memory unless you give it a LOT of practice. I carry mine cocked and locked anyway, so the DA feature isn't of much use IMO.

eerw
June 2, 2008, 03:11 AM
working on the single action of the CZ is pretty straight forward..about as complex or simple as a 1911.

the double action of the CZ is also pretty straight forward..mostly some polish and some springs..

the biggest difference and feel between a CZ single action trigger and the 1911 is that the CZ is a pivoting trigger..so the pull and leverage is different..not better, not worse..just different..

nice 1.5# can be had on a CZ..just as a nice 1.5# can be on the 1911..

chriske
June 2, 2008, 07:10 AM
CZ 75B : one of the very best 9mm of all.
No reservations whatsoever.
Very very accurate & totally reliable.

M1911
June 2, 2008, 07:55 AM
Please explain to me HOW you can "hit faster" with a pistol that has MORE recoil in the same sized package?

The sights are better and the trigger is crisper, has a shorter throw, and a shorter reset. The controlling issue isn't the speed of cycling the gun. The controlling issue is how quickly I can reacquire the sight picture and ride the reset.

If your so convinced that you got reamed on your CZ, then why don't you send it to me?

Huh? I never said I got "reamed" on the CZ. I'm just not a fan-boy like yourself who thinks it is the best thing since sliced bread. Calm down. I'm not criticizing your dog or calling your wife ugly. It's just a gun. We have different opinions. We can disagree without being disagreeable.

The CZ is a fine gun. I'd feel well armed carrying it. The same is true of the Glocks, Sigs, and HKs that I own -- they are fine guns, but I find that 1911s work better for me. I don't like the sights on my CZ-75. I don't like the trigger. It isn't crisp, the throw and the reset are too long. The magazine break is stupid as well, but that was easily fixed. The thumb safety on the CZ-75 is suboptimal for me. On 1911s, there are at least 1/2 a dozen different quality vendors of thumb safeties, so you can pick which one you want. Your options on the CZ-75 are more limited. YMMV.

Are 1911s perfect? Heck no! They have lots of issues and often need sorting out before they are reliable.

All guns have advantages and disadvantages. It is far more useful to people who are considering a new gun that we frankly discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the gun. Fan-boy fawning and parroting marketing department drivel (Glock Perfection! HK No Compromise!) doesn't help anyone.

schildgen
June 2, 2008, 09:50 AM
http://ScottSchildgen.smugmug.com/photos/212498683_GduHb-X2.jpg

burningsquirrels
June 2, 2008, 10:22 AM
i've only gotten into guns in march, but have already worked the crap out of a CZ-40b that i shoot in limited-10 USPSA and also have an SP-01 that I might use as my production or limited gun.

http://www.student.gsu.edu/~ggingco1/post/sa_trig4sm.JPG

^^^ gunsmithing is stupid easy, especially if it's just a trigger/action job. you can do it yourself like i did and have a smooth-gliding 2.5# pull no problem for the cost of sandpaper. i can link you to the threads and resources i used to pull it off. i've also gone halfway towards making flat grips for my 40b and i've also completed an SAO conversion and removed the FPB since i use it for practical shooting only.

i've never had a single reliability problem with the gun, nor the sp-01. it's funny during our weekly matches - dudes with $1k glocks and $2k kimbers and $3k STIs jam and have FTEs and stuff, while me and the other CZ guys just keep shooting.

http://czechpistols82792.yuku.com/topic/18068

^^^ you can read a bit of my story here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbnzgp5lO2E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfiulgUpRbs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IPXtcXhMuw

^^^ last week's matches. my eighth time out.

Cliff47
June 2, 2008, 02:54 PM
When I purchased my first CZ75B, the Single Action CZ75B was nowhere to be had. It wasn't until this January that I found a (gently) used CZ75B SA at a local gun shop. The fellow behind the counter was packing a 1911 (not that I wanted to argue with him), and conceded that the CZ line was probably the best value for the dollar currently being produced.

johnson_n
June 2, 2008, 03:04 PM
How do I make a thread on CZ Forum? I dont see the new topic button anywhere.

GZOh
June 2, 2008, 03:12 PM
JOHNSON... If you're a Member, and have logged-in... just go to whatever TOPIC you want... lets say 'CZ 75B Club'... and you'll see a box 'NEW TOPIC' off to the right (above the listings)... hit it, and you should be good!

johnson_n
June 2, 2008, 03:28 PM
I registered and it looks like i have not been approved. When I log out I can see the New Topic button but it disappears when I log in.

Zan
June 2, 2008, 03:47 PM
WHy do you guys have to continually show off your guns?
http://zandog.com/images/75B-SA.jpg

Chortdraw
June 2, 2008, 04:28 PM
Craig, that is a great collection you have there.

gilfo
June 2, 2008, 08:47 PM
I stopped bothering to post on that forum. Unless you have a very generic question or " gee look at my gun" post you will not get a answer or if any a very few. Did many posts on it had hundreds of "lookers" and VERY few answers.
As much as I love CZ handguns I don't waste my time on their forums.

1SOW
June 2, 2008, 11:26 PM
I've had the opposite results on the CZForum. Feg (above), eerw and Walt Sherrill especially were patient and helpful with my 'novice CZ' questions.
With their advice my 75B has a very good trigger that's made me faster and more accurate in competition.

Ash
June 3, 2008, 12:28 AM
m1911,

The sights on a stock 1911a1 GI are typically dismal and nearly worthless and are vastly inferior to the stock sights on a CZ-75. And, those sights on a CZ can be replaced with better sights. But bone stock, the CZ sights are better than many 1911 sights (and I like the 1911).

I defy you to find me a 1911 for $350 that is equal to a CZ-75. Apples and oranges, apples and oranges.

I'm no Fanboy, but I can tell a weak argument when I see one.

Ash

Atomsk
June 3, 2008, 07:06 AM
I've shot a 9mm CZ 75B and loved it. It was more accurate than my Beretta PX4 Storm. The only con i have is that for people with big hands and fingers like myself the slide is quite slim and kinda hard to get a good grip on, But the pros outweigh the cons a million to one. Still very impressed with the cz75b

jmr40
June 3, 2008, 08:39 AM
Ash, I would agree that for $350 it would be hard to beat a CZ, but the days of new $350 CZ's are behind us. But even at todays prices "for the money" the CZ is a great value, especially for a range gun. To protect myself there are better choices in my opinion, and my life is worth a few dollars more.

About 10-12 years ago I fell in love with the CZ and ended up with 3. I eventually ended up with a B, a BD, and one of the tactical models with a green frame. For a while I felt pretty smug about having a gun that cost a lot less than some of the more popular guns that was just as good. After a while I actually started shooting Sig's, Beretta's and my 1911"s side by side with my CZ's and discovered that while the CZ was a good gun the others really were better and I shot them better. One day I came to the realization that I simply had too many guns and too many different magazines to keep up with and sold all of my CZ's Not saying they are bad guns, just that for me the others are better and worth more money to me.

Some of the things I do not care for on the CZ in include.

On some models the beavertail curves down. This digs into the web of my hand between the thumb and trigger finger. Some newer models have corrected this but all 3 of mine could get uncomfortable to shoot after a couple of magazines.

The slide is too narrow. This makes it difficult to operate the slide.

One of the worst triggers on a factory gun. As others have stated this can be corrected, but this detracts from the value of the gun.

At least for me the safety is difficult to operate. Quite possibly because I have much more experience with 1911's and may not be a factor for others.

All 3 of mine eventually had issues with defective springs. This seems to be a common problem with CZ pistols. I had to replace the recoil springs, extractor springs as well as the magazine springs.

Would I reccomend a CZ to a potential buyer? Yes I would. I think they are a great gun for the money. But if I were asking advice I would also welcome advice from others who were less than satisfied.

Ash
June 3, 2008, 09:00 AM
Worst triggers? Nay, too broad a statement. New ones can have a pretty gritty DA pull and so is a valid complaint. Yet, of all my CZ-75b's have had very smooth DA triggers. My CZ-40P was gritty, but dry firing smoothed it up quite nicely. It is the price of being lower in price than the competition. Compare a new CZ to a new Glock or a new SIG or a new Hk.

I have never had problem operating the slide, but then, I am accustomed to shooting 75's and the EAA Witness. There is less to grasp than the 1911 but it is still plenty of room to grasp. To me, the safety has always been easy to manipulate, but then, I'm used to using the CZ and do not have to transition from the 1911. As to price, alas, you are right, on the regular market their price has gone up. Yet just three months ago I picked up my most recent CZ-75 NIB for $300.

In any case, all advice is certainly fair. Yet, comparing stock CZ sights to custom 1911 sights is biased. Stock CZ to stock 1911 there is no comparison, the CZ is leagues better. Get into the realm of custom sights, then they can be had for both.

Ash

wingman
June 3, 2008, 09:07 AM
Cz makes some of the best guns on the market my cz75B has the best trigger out of the box of any 9mm I've used never a jam with commercial or reloads,I also have a cz40B it is the most accurate 40 cal I have fired while like any modern products you may get a lemon the cz line is head and shoulders above the average firearms out there. I've been shooting and purchasing firearms over 50 years so I'm picky.

Dobe
June 3, 2008, 10:53 AM
On some models the beavertail curves down. This digs into the web of my hand between the thumb and trigger finger. Some newer models have corrected this but all 3 of mine could get uncomfortable to shoot after a couple of magazines.

The slide is too narrow. This makes it difficult to operate the slide.

One of the worst triggers on a factory gun. As others have stated this can be corrected, but this detracts from the value of the gun.

At least for me the safety is difficult to operate. Quite possibly because I have much more experience with 1911's and may not be a factor for others.

All 3 of mine eventually had issues with defective springs. This seems to be a common problem with CZ pistols. I had to replace the recoil springs, extractor springs as well as the magazine springs.

Would I reccomend a CZ to a potential buyer? Yes I would. I think they are a great gun for the money. But if I were asking advice I would also welcome advice from others who were less than satisfied.

That sound like a fair unbiased statement to me. CZ does make a good handgun. It is not my favorite either. I'm going to keep mine, but I feel there are other handguns I prefer, if I had to cull the safe.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cz-75b" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!