Ultramax .45 ACP ammo

PDA

H1500308
May 30, 2008, 11:17 PM
I shot some 230g lead RN today that was given to me by a family member. It didn't seem very accurate and was some of the dirtiest ammo I've ever shot. I was enveloped in a cloud of smoke with each shot. It also seemed pretty hot compared to the factory ammo I was shooting also.

Anyone else have any experience with this stuff?

If you enjoyed reading about "Ultramax .45 ACP ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Lone Haranguer
May 30, 2008, 11:39 PM
It wasn't in .45, but some .38 Spl. LRN from this maker I once shot rivaled black powder smoke in its thickness and covered my revolver in a layer of grey soot. My guess would be that this is vaporized bullet lube. (Cast lead bullets have as many as three grooves filled with a semi-solid lubricant, not visible when loaded into the case.)

bannockburn
May 30, 2008, 11:44 PM
H1500308

Not with the .45, but I've used their .223 over the last couple of years for practice time at the range. For the price I've found it to be a very good buy, with maybe only 2 or 3 duds for 1,000 rounds fired. It's pretty clean ammo, with consistent performance and decent enough acuracy. I've not tried their pistol ammo as I'm not a big fan of exposed lead bullets, especially at an indoor range.

chipperi
May 31, 2008, 02:06 AM
Ditto I shoot their .223 I get it from Dicks its a pretty good deal. I signed up for one of their "Score Cards" gave them my E-mail address and they sent me a $10 certificate and a 15% off coupon as well as a double points coupon. I bought a 59.99 box of 150 rds for $32 and got more points on my card toward another $10 certificate. I'll take cheap ammo wherever I can get it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ultramax .45 ACP ammo" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!