Faultless tear gas pen gun

PDA

pdxrandy
June 1, 2008, 08:30 PM
Can anyone give me some straight honest answers about the Faultess Ball Bearing tear gas pen gun. Not being rude, but I have heard/read all the speculation and thoughts from well minded folks. I really would like some accurate answers from an expert.

Has anyone got one, and secondly can tell me exactly if they are legal.

Third, are they rare?

Fourth, what are there value?

Thank you,
~Randy

If you enjoyed reading about "Faultless tear gas pen gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
alwilliam
October 2, 2008, 02:02 AM
ILLEGAL

semi-rare Melton clamis OSS issue I say no..but maybe private OSS use.

150-200.00 and if caught selling a felony.

SDC
October 2, 2008, 09:32 AM
If it's designed to fire small arms ammunition (as opposed to flares), it's considered an "AOW" (Any Other Weapon) under US law, and must be registered with ATFE. The trouble with this is that many (if not most) of the original designs can easily fire BOTH tear-gas and real ammunition; individual states may also prohibit them entirely.

alwilliam
October 3, 2008, 06:44 PM
Almost all the early .32,38spl,.410ga,20ga,12ga pens/batons were able to fire "fixed ammo" a few later ones had tiny bumps or a bar to prevent the chamber of a full size round(easy to remove both) or they were tapered at the muzzle like the federal labs (faultless) in the original post. Even a tapered barrel with chamber and fire a normal size round.

The treasury dept ran a test on many models of these in the 1960s and they all worked very well.Make no mistake and this is double for the early lake erie,hurcules type pens ...they were guns made to fire bullets with a thin veil of "tear gas rounds only" as a protection for the company only.

I my self have fired a 20ga lake erie baby giant...they work and my hand is fine.

All the powder never burns in any of these very short barrel devices and their is a effect like a .410GA/45lc in a adc type gun...recoil is very firm but not out of control by any means.

None of these old school "tear gas pens" can be registered at this time. All are illegal unless they were on the rolls in the late 1960s.

In the late 1960s their was a "grandfather" type deal,where they could be registered but very few were.

The "legal" "tear gas" pens and batons are close to hens teeth but their are a few. I know a guy with a few in his collection.

If you enjoyed reading about "Faultless tear gas pen gun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!