Stump the Panel

PDA

SRYnidan
August 21, 2003, 08:42 PM
Just got this back from the shop whhat is it?

If you enjoyed reading about "Stump the Panel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Stephen A. Camp
August 21, 2003, 08:54 PM
Hello. Ruger with a Colt Python bbl?

Best.

Bullet Bob
August 21, 2003, 08:56 PM
Mr Camp has got it - that used to called a "couger".

SRYnidan
August 21, 2003, 09:32 PM
Yep that's it I had wanted one for years and now that I have it I still like the idea. The frame size is comfortable amd the Python barrel is more accurate and the added weight is just right for me.

4v50 Gary
August 21, 2003, 09:34 PM
Conversion was done by the Davis Company of Sacramento, CA. I think they had an outlet in Berkeley back in the '80s.

Jim March
August 22, 2003, 02:56 AM
It's a Cougar all right.

A *very* nice one, too. Note the hammer over-travel screw, the way the finish has been VERY well mated...I *think* the frame is a Security series versus GP100, right?

And if I'm not mistaken, the rear sight isn't Ruger-standard. Looks a bit like a Bowen?

Anyways, betcha that's a REALLY sweet shooter.

SnWnMe
August 23, 2003, 10:08 AM
Whoa! A good reason not to legalize gay marriages. This is Sam's and Bill's hellspawn!

stans
August 23, 2003, 11:43 AM
Hmmm....wonder if this would be possible with a GP-100? Anybody know for sure? Ruger durability and Python accuracy makes a great combination. Wonder how much such a project would cost?:confused:

gulogulo1970
August 23, 2003, 01:27 PM
That is one good looking gun. looks very well balanced. If it shoots half as good as it looks, you have a heck of a gun. How much did it cost you, if you don't mind me asking?

If you enjoyed reading about "Stump the Panel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!