Troubles with posting .... Please Read

PDA

yesterdaysyouth
January 13, 2003, 03:41 AM
since that downtime last night i've had several problems posting in 5-6 different threads....

also the number of double, triple, octuple taps has increased to become the norm....

this thought i'd make this public...

im sure every mod has already got 300 emails about it, but... it's 3 am and im bored...

If you enjoyed reading about "Troubles with posting .... Please Read" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Navy joe
January 13, 2003, 05:46 AM
Only thing I can say is just hit "Submit" once! Even if it's snail pace it will post. If things are slow I usually don't even wait for it to finish, just hit back on the browser and go on. The post gets there unless you get a "server not responding" error. Trust me, it gets there! Don't hit that button 5 times!

Hkmp5sd
January 13, 2003, 06:09 AM
I've noticed it too. For the present I just right-click on reply and open in a new window. Type the post and hit submit, minimize the window and keep going. Come back a little later and check the window, if it worked, close it.

Mal H
January 13, 2003, 12:16 PM
Everyone:

Please read and heed Navy Joe's advice. We are having a data base problem. Until it is fixed, we are going to see a lot of multiple posts if you hit the submit more than once.

Hkmp5sd's method works very well. Do something else while the post is registering. That something else shouldn't be to hit 'back' and post again.

ruger357
January 13, 2003, 12:19 PM
Yup, had that problem too. I just deleted the extras.

10-Ring
January 13, 2003, 12:20 PM
Glad to hear I'm not the only one...at least this is the net & there is some much to distract me during the wait :banghead:

joebogey
January 13, 2003, 12:51 PM
I also noticed yesterday that when I made a post, it placed it before a post that was already there. Maybe something in the time diffrence?

Mal H
January 13, 2003, 04:32 PM
Looks like the computer magic team of Derek and Tyme have fixed the problem. I'll unstick this thread.

(Joe - The post timestamp problem was a temporary one and not related to the double/triple/umptyoople posting problem.)

[Edit]
Well damnit to Heck! This post took 2 1/2 minutes to register! I don't think I'll unstick this thread at this time.

Little boy to minister: "What is Heck?"
Minister: "It's the place people go to when they don't believe in Gosh."

mete
January 13, 2003, 05:07 PM
No wonder I got 4 posts. OK I'll push once.

firestar
January 13, 2003, 07:26 PM
Looks like the computer magic team of Derek and Tyme have fixed the problem. I'll unstick this thread.

It is still happening to me.:banghead:

Blackhawk
January 13, 2003, 08:06 PM
I let my browser hang for over an hour trying to post to this thread: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3720 A few other times, I ended up with a server error after 15 minutes or so.

Blackhawk
January 13, 2003, 08:07 PM
The above post went right through. It's DISCRIMINATION! :D

Derek Zeanah
January 13, 2003, 08:28 PM
What sever error did you see?

blades67
January 13, 2003, 08:44 PM
I was getting a 504: bad gateway error. The system I was using was giving me that error message because your server wasn't responding.

Blackhawk
January 13, 2003, 10:43 PM
Derek, 404 error: when the connection is dropped by the server or times out.

Mal H
January 14, 2003, 11:36 AM
Now we can unstick this thread. The crisis is over.

I know a whole lot of hours went into trouble shooting and correcting the DB and emailing problems. They were not unnoticed.
Thanks guys!
:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Troubles with posting .... Please Read" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!