ghost thread?

PDA

olyeller
June 6, 2008, 11:21 PM
Hi, I just (about 3 hours ago) replied to a classifieds post for a fellow selling 2 M&P9mm mags; I posted in the thread that I would take them, and then I sent the guy a PM.

I just came back to look, and theres no evidence of the thread OR the pm that I sent to the guy. Am I going nuts?

Maybe he didnt have his state in the post? But surely the mods wouldnt go and erase a PM I sent to the guy, would you?:uhoh:

thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "ghost thread?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Larry Ashcraft
June 6, 2008, 11:30 PM
The thread could have been deleted, but mods don't mess with PMs, ever.

Nobody has access to your PMs, other than the sending and receiving parties.

Mal H
June 6, 2008, 11:50 PM
FWIW olyeller, nitforfun, the seller, indicated that the mags were sold in his deleted thread a little after you responded. It would appear he either got your PM or someone else beat you to it. Did you look in your "Sent" PM folder?

To amplify a little on what Larry said, not only don't we ever want to mess with PM's, it's technically impossible to do so. We can see how many a member has and we can delete all of them if necessary (I've never known that to be necessary), but that's it, we can't view any and we can't selectively delete any.

olyeller
June 7, 2008, 01:06 AM
...duh, thanks guys...
I was lookin in the inbox.

keep up the great work, and thanks for takin the high road!

If you enjoyed reading about "ghost thread?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!