AR15 - Good hunting trigger?

PDA

Benelli Shooter
June 8, 2008, 02:21 PM
For a 3x9 scoped AR, which trigger would you recommend? I hunt coyotes. I want something better than the stock trigger. But, I do not want to spend hundreds of dollars.

If you enjoyed reading about "AR15 - Good hunting trigger?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
taliv
June 8, 2008, 10:37 PM
for under $100, the rock river 2-stage trigger is a good buy

Jimmie
June 8, 2008, 10:53 PM
+1 on the RRA 2 stage. I have one on my AR with your exact setup (3-9x, hunting rifle). The high end triggers are probably nicer, but I'm quite happy with my RRA 2 stage.

Tarvis
June 9, 2008, 10:37 AM
The JP is one of (if not) the best triggers you can get for an AR and are only $125 or there abouts. Also, if you are a bargain shopper, you can get just the springs from the JP kit for $10. The heavier set will reduce the pull to 5.5lbs, while the lighter set is supposed to be down to 4.5lbs iirc. I ordered a couple of kits, but they gave me the wrong springs so I'm not sure where the light kit gets down to.

Kingcreek
June 9, 2008, 11:38 AM
another one for the Rock River Arms 2-stage.

GunTech
June 9, 2008, 03:28 PM
The McCormick is a drop in and is excellent in that it doesn't have to be monkeyed with. I like the RR, but I've had 2 rifles that required minor stoning before the trigger would work right - I suspect the pin holes were off by a few thousandths. The JP enterprises is adjustable, and can be tweaked to your liking, and the Jewell is, like all Jewell triggers, expensive as is the Geissele. I've no experience with the Jard or Timney.

rbernie
June 9, 2008, 04:22 PM
I have one McCormick and more than a handful of Jards. I like both very much, but pretty much standardized on the Jard due to its performance, longevity, and relatively low cost.

If you enjoyed reading about "AR15 - Good hunting trigger?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!