Urgent! please take the time to sign petition.

PDA

Rachen
June 9, 2008, 03:24 PM
It has been several months since the obnoxious bill called AO9543 has been submitted to the New York State Legislature. the bill aims to restrict the trade of muzzleloading firearms. Although this bill is still pending, it is still a grave threat to America's greatest traditions and our overall 2nd Amendment Rights.

If this bill is passed, it will have catastrophic consequences to the rest of the country. Like a domino effect, this bill is the portal for the most unconstitutional gun bans and gun restrictions to come.

The petition against AO 9543 is right here: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/blackpowdersocietyofamerica/index.html

Please do your part to help preserve our culture.

Thank you.

If you enjoyed reading about "Urgent! please take the time to sign petition." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jorg Nysgerrig
June 9, 2008, 03:32 PM
Online petitions mean nothing and accomplish little aside from creating the illusion that one has "done something". You're much better off encouraging people to write or email a representative and providing contact information.

hso
June 9, 2008, 03:39 PM
Jorg is correct in that online petitions have little impact.

If you want a real impact you need to get the individuals you wanted to sign the petition to flood these folks with their individual phone calls and emails and snail mail. A hundred signatures isn't very impressive, but a hundred calls or emails or letters is. You can certainly make it easy for folks to participated by posting the email and phone and snail mail information for each individual you want to hear our voice. You can even come up with a template for the email or letter to make it easier for them. If you want to use the power of the internet make it work for you by really using it's strengths.

Rachen
June 9, 2008, 03:52 PM
Thanks guys, for your input.

How should I go about doing it? I have an email template already prepared, I want to be able to get all the viewers of this petition and elsewhere to put their names on that email, and then, it would automatically be sent to the NYS legislature.

Can you please help?

AO9543 MUST BE DEFEATED, or else, it will be a portal to the stalinization of America.

Majic
June 9, 2008, 04:06 PM
If this bill is passed, it will have catastrophic consequences to the rest of the country. Like a domino effect, this bill is the portal for the most unconstitutional gun bans and gun restrictions to come.
Those living in restrictive states have been saying that for a long time, but the rest of us have yet to see the effects.

Rachen
June 9, 2008, 04:11 PM
Those living in restrictive states have been saying that for a long time, but the rest of us have yet to see the effects.

See the effects?

We are already starting to experience more and more senseless "control" laws being submitted to Congress and other state legislatures.

Remember Bloomberg's Mayors group? That one is trying to exert it's influence over the entire country.

The major difference between us and them is that they are funded by massive corporations with financial intent, we are a group of volunteers. Who will win the peoples' hearts? We must, and we must inform the people, otherwise, they will all fall victim to this aggressive elitism.

Orange_Magnum
June 9, 2008, 05:20 PM
Rachen, dig up email addresses to the governing commies of NY and we can do something.

Rachen
June 10, 2008, 12:20 PM
Rachen, dig up email addresses to the governing commies of NY and we can do something.

Thank you, I'll be right on it. I have several email templates prepared from several months ago, dealing with many kinds of gun bans, including microstamping. Give me till tomorrow, I'll have the addresses ready.

chris in va
June 10, 2008, 12:39 PM
Forget email, give them a call. Much more impact.

If you enjoyed reading about "Urgent! please take the time to sign petition." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!