So

PDA

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
June 10, 2008, 04:14 PM
is there something wrong with the last thread I posted about SHTF?

Is there a reason I wasn't taken seriously? That I could see the humor and the lack of seriousness in the posts?

And for clearer understanding, why was the thread closed?

If you enjoyed reading about "So" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
alex_trebek
June 10, 2008, 04:41 PM
Threads are closed for being in violation of posting rules, or off topic.

PM (private message) a mod if you have a specific question.

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
June 10, 2008, 04:43 PM
Roger. now, how is it against the rules, please enlighten me because I cannot seem to find the rules on this forum, I seem to be illiterate today:rolleyes:.

Also, if this post has a reference to firearms, which it does by asking what you would bring, how is it off topic?

kingpin008
June 10, 2008, 04:44 PM
SHTF type threads really aren't on-topic here, and that's most likely why your thread was closed. Nothing personal, just not what we try to focus on here.

And I agree - if you have a question about why a thread got locked, proper procedure is to PM a Mod about it, rather than make a post. After all, they're the ones who can lock threads - the rest of us might know what was wrong with the thread, but the mod will be able to give you the specific answer.

Flopsy
June 10, 2008, 04:45 PM
So..............

Do you think it's called a subject line because it's a cute name?

P95loser
June 10, 2008, 04:47 PM
Are you trying to go for a record for the most threads locked in one day? Cause this is about to make three as soon as a mod sees it.

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
June 10, 2008, 04:50 PM
okay... how three? The SHTF is the first one I have had closed EVER. AFAICR.

alex_trebek
June 10, 2008, 04:50 PM
Special care must be taken to ensure that we appear as reasonable and peaceable to the world as possible. Antis are sure to pluck even a rare example of uncivil, bigoted or Rambo conduct out of context and use against us. With that in mind, make sure that remedy of shooting anyone is only considered if all other legal options are exhausted. No more "feed the hogs!" or "from my cold dead hands!" If we ever come to that, the last thing you want is a discussion of tactics in an open forum, where the likely opposition can read and which they can use to justify bigger budgets and heavier armor.

this paragraph from the sticky covers it IMO. Talking about the end of the world, etc can appear to militant to anyone who stumbles across the post.

Also it is only loosly gun related. I notice that a lot of the "what caliber for..." threads get locked because discussion has no where to go but the low road.

I am sure that nothing personal was meant, and next time you have a question you really should send a message to a moderator....

LJ-MosinFreak-Buck
June 10, 2008, 04:52 PM
Okay I can understand that. Forgive my ignorance. I failed to take into account the psychotic anti-fanatics. Closing and deleting all justified.

Mal H
June 10, 2008, 06:22 PM
Lots of good advice given as to why. The earliest and best was in post # 2: "PM (private message) a mod if you have a specific question."

If you enjoyed reading about "So" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!