Link to APS, why no link back to THR

PDA

Grandpa Shooter
June 12, 2008, 01:23 PM
Maybe I missed it, but if there is a link to APS from here, why isn't there a link on APS to get back to THR?

If you enjoyed reading about "Link to APS, why no link back to THR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
June 12, 2008, 05:53 PM
Excellent question, but one that should be asked over on APS.

It could be that the software used there isn't as easily "hacked" as it is here. I put the APS link in since so many folks were asking for the site where they could talk about things other than firearms. On the other hand, it seems that most APS'ers already know about THR and have it bookmarked.

Grandpa Shooter
June 12, 2008, 11:06 PM
I thought THR and APS were twins conjoined at the hip so to speak. I will try posting it over there. Just seems like it would be easier for technology challenged old geezers like me.:p

Mal H
June 13, 2008, 12:51 AM
Ok, but I've gotta ask, how do you get here from any other site? Let's say you're on Google searching for something, how would you get back to THR without a link on the Google page?

Grandpa Shooter
June 13, 2008, 11:08 AM
If I were at home, but I am not, I have tabs set up on IE 7 for the major sites I go to. I browse here for awhile, then go to Gunbroker, then CNN, then my jeep forum, etc.

I am on a friend's computer where it would be rude to add anything of mine to the favorites, and I certainly would not set up tabs (as in have the GF do it) for me to use.

So if I want to go anywhere I have to ry to remember the URL and if it is .com or .org, or I have to type in Google and go that route.

Direct links are much easier for me. Don't have to remember, just push the button (assuming I can find it with my inability to distinguish things with little contrast). Just thought it would be easier with a direct link.

Just checked APS and Chris says there is no way to do it since they don't have a place to put it.

Mal H
June 13, 2008, 11:51 AM
You make some good points for when you aren't on your home system. However, in truth your logic is still somewhat flawed. Even if APS did have a link to THR, don't you have to remember at least one URL (APS or THR) in order to get to it and then link to the other one?

Grandpa Shooter
June 13, 2008, 12:22 PM
don't you have to remember at least one URL (APS or THR) in order to get to it and then link to the other one?

Since I have CRS I don't even try to remember techy stuff. I'm the guy who spends 30 minutes trying to find the keys to the truck and eventually finds them in his pocket. I once drove 27 miles to work on a house only to discover the keys to the place had fallen out of my pocket back at the hardware store.

I had to go out to a gas station to get coffee so I could wake up enough to even try to figure out my buddy's new fangled, high tech coffee maker with muilt function 24 hour international clock, marshmallow toaster, wienie roaster and TV all in one unit. I still use a blue speckled porcelain camping coffee perker on top of my 43 year old gas stove.

Yeah I know I am a dinosaur.:rolleyes:

If you enjoyed reading about "Link to APS, why no link back to THR" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!