Abbreviations?

PDA

hatchetbearer
June 15, 2008, 07:07 PM
Call me sheltered, an idiot, etc... as im 21 and dont know half the abbreviations that get used in the forums, specifically the sale/trade section. I know spf is sale pending funds,and mn is mosin nagant, but what about btt SCOTUS(sp) and so on?

I tend to believe if i have trouble with these, what about out *ahem* members from an earlier time that are new to forum trading. maybe a dictionary sticky or a link to one is in order?

Just a thought

B.

If you enjoyed reading about "Abbreviations?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
VHinch
June 15, 2008, 07:24 PM
BTT = Back To Top
SCOTUS = Supreme Court Of The United States

Seems like there was a long running thread of abbreviations, but I can't seem to locate it now.

EShell
June 15, 2008, 08:41 PM
BTW=By the way
F/S=For Sale
FWIW=For what it's worth
FYI=For your information
IANAL=I am not a lawyer
IBTL=In before the lock
IMO=In my opinion
IMHO=In my humble opinion
ISO=In search of
JMO=Just my opinion
LMAO=Laughing my a$$ off
LOL-Laugh out loud
OBTW=Oh, by the way
ROTFL=Rolling on the floor (with LMAO)
WTB=Want to buy
WTH=What the hell
WTS=Want to sell
WTT=Want to trade

ArfinGreebly
June 16, 2008, 03:06 AM
In the upper right-hand corner of your page . . .

THR Library (http://www.thehighroad.org/library)

Which has a link down in the lower left, Common Acronyms/Terms (http://thehighroad.org/library/acro/acron.html) (local)

Enjoy.

Robert Hairless
June 16, 2008, 04:51 AM
There are no "older members" in this forum. "Older member" is an ageist term. It is doubly offensive.

Henceforth please refer to us as "people from an earlier time."

EShell
June 16, 2008, 10:46 AM
Thanks ArfinGreebly!!:D

Yeah Robert, that reference IS meaner than catsh**, but I just took it on the chin, wiped off the drool and kept on keeping on . . . ;)

hatchetbearer
June 18, 2008, 06:56 PM
Robert and Eshell, I apologize, I guess I didnt look at that way, and Arfin, thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Abbreviations?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!