Remington model 24

PDA

LJH
June 15, 2008, 10:05 PM
I am having a tough time disassembling a Remington model 24. I have the stocks and barrel off, but cant figure out how break it down any further. Any help would be great.

LJH

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington model 24" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
LJH
June 15, 2008, 10:20 PM
well I figgured it out. Its just a tiny bit odd, push the trigger guard forward towards to barrel. :what: not how it looks like it should work.

Jim K
June 15, 2008, 10:21 PM
That rifle is just about identical to the Browning .22 auto and disassembles the same way. Once the barrel is off, remove the magazine inner tube. Then push the trigger guard forward and hold back the bolt at the same time and the trigger guard should move forward and then down at the rear and out of the receiver. If you remove the breechblock and parts, make note of how they came out so you can get them back in. That amount of disassembly should be enough for cleaning; I don't recommend any further disassembly.

Jim

LJH
June 16, 2008, 01:31 AM
Thanks Jim, this rifle was the dirtiest gun I have ever seen. Got it back together and it runs much better now.

rcmodel
June 16, 2008, 01:06 PM
As noted, it is just about the same thing as a Browning .22 Auto.

Here is a Browning manual download for future referance.
http://media.browning.com/pdf/om/22semiautomanual.pdf

rcmodel

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington model 24" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!