Shurefire E2D on an Airplane

PDA

izmarkie
June 15, 2008, 09:31 PM
Hey all,

I'll be flying quite a bit soon and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience carrying a Shurefire E2D through airport security.

I'll probably leave it in my carry on, but I don't want to have to risk checking it in the instance that they want to take my $110 flashlight. I'll also be flying to Israel out of JFK in a little over a week... Should I play it safe and check it?

If you enjoyed reading about "Shurefire E2D on an Airplane" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
scromp
June 15, 2008, 10:31 PM
I've taken my e2e through many times, though usually in my laptop bag. Never a blink or a complaint. The e2d does have a somewhat more evil bezel, though.

ScaryWoody
June 18, 2008, 09:57 PM
I carry mine in my carry-on laptop bag, no issues. If I am concerned that an item that I am carrying on may not be acceptable, I carry a self addressed stamped envelope. You may lose your place in line to mail it but you will not lose your expensive item. Just a thought.

highorder
June 18, 2008, 10:01 PM
I carry several Surefires in my carry-on/ laptop bag whenever I fly.

I have never had a problem, except for a TSA fella who insisted on shining an E2e modded to 150 lumens into his own eyes.

JohnKSa
June 18, 2008, 11:49 PM
Flashlights seem to slip by with nary a raised eyebrow...

SimpleIsGood229
June 20, 2008, 09:22 AM
I wonder this, myself. I have a Surefire 6P Defender, which is the light I'd take aboard a plane, but I don't know how kosher the crenelated bezel is.

If you enjoyed reading about "Shurefire E2D on an Airplane" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!