My house just got broken into!!

PDA

twoblink
January 13, 2003, 10:59 AM
I am in Singapore right now; (see other thread) and my gf just emailed me;

My apartment was just broken into... They stole my saxophone, the ruby necklace I gave to my gf, and my computer monitor...

They left the US$ and my airplane tickets...

I'm PO'ed!! I was a bit scared when I heard the news; she said she was not home at the time (thank God); the guy climbed in though the patio; even though it's got a metal screen, and we live on the second floor; he cut a hole in the screen and climbed in...

I'm having mixed feelings right now; happy that she's safe; but :fire: :fire: :fire:

She is a bit afraid right now because she's home alone... If ever there was a good arguement for the ownership of guns; this is it!

If the jerk happens by fluke read THR (which I doubt) but if he/she did; you are lucky I wasn't at home when this happened; otherwise; the THR'ers would be reading about a gross account of me chopping up someone with my cleaver... and body parts in blenders... :fire:

If you enjoyed reading about "My house just got broken into!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Betty
January 13, 2003, 11:05 AM
Gosh twoblink, I'm really sorry to hear that.

:mad:

twoblink
January 13, 2003, 11:08 AM
Thanks Runt...

It's the feeling of helplessness that make me upset..

Now... it's PERSONAL..

But there is only so much you can do to defend your house when you are not there...

PageField
January 13, 2003, 11:13 AM
That has happened to me twice in the last 18 years. It is another definition of Assault. I did not lose anything precious, but my wife lost ALL her jewelry (GM's too),she was 60 at the time, a lot of tears. Our guns made it thru both times,although they were not safe THEN. The shaking from seeing your bedroom tossed by a BG doesn't go away soon.
Praying for your sanity....J:

XLMiguel
January 13, 2003, 11:21 AM
My condolences. There's nothing like the sense of violation that comes with having your place robbed, except perhaps the satisfaction of working the creep over with your Louisville Slugger if you could catch 'em. Glad no one was hurt. I hate theives.:fire:

twoblink
January 13, 2003, 11:37 AM
If I get the chance to catch him;

I'll go Singaporean on him ;)

:fire: :fire: :fire:

larry_minn
January 13, 2003, 11:40 AM
Sorry to hear it. I hope you have someone in area who can fix the sliding door with a lock and set up simple alarm system. It should help GF feel more safe when there alone.

Gary H
January 13, 2003, 11:43 AM
I remember the time that I had my car broken into twice in the span of two weeks. Each time they messed up the car, which was parked below my apartment. I was so mad. I swore that I would work the guy over and dump him the the trash bin. So, I slept on my balcony for a couple of weeks and finally caught the guy. It was a young kid. Took him to his mother and I think that she did a better job than I ever dreamed. Never had a problem after that. No fun, but at least your GF wasn't hurt.

matis
January 13, 2003, 11:44 AM
My apt was robbed when I lived in L.A. Gave me some understanding of "...feeling violated." Found another apt. within weeks.

Guess the cops were occupied catching gum-chewers.

Again, sorry to hear this, but glad you're both physically OK.

Matis

Gordon
January 13, 2003, 12:02 PM
I didn't think they had any crime like this in Singapore. What with cameras everywhere and probably lashed to death if caught.Sorry.:cuss:

cslinger
January 13, 2003, 12:12 PM
Very, very sorry to hear about your misfortune. That feeling of being violated must be scary and awful.

Although my temper would probably cloud my mind at a time like that.......think of the bright side. You didn't lose much and didn't lose the stuff that would be a real PITA to replace like plane tickets.

It happens all over the world every day. Chances are if the person who did this to you continues to do so he or she will get theirs in the end.

Once again, sorry.

Chris

10-Ring
January 13, 2003, 12:15 PM
That really sucks! :fire: Glad to hear tho that know one was hurt. Remember, stuff can be replaced ;)

Oleg Volk
January 13, 2003, 12:15 PM
Sorry to hear about this! Glad Janie is OK. We can only hope that the perp would make a mistake someday soon and get the well-deserved chopping from somebody else.

killjoy
January 13, 2003, 01:00 PM
Twoblink
Glad to hear that your GF is ok. I know I've heard before "it's just stuff that was taken not worth somebodies life." I'm not sure I agree with that. I work hard for my pay and when somebody decides to just take "my stuff" and they have to come into my home to take it I think it becomes valuable enough to warrant shooting somebody over. I understand your feeling of being violated. Just be thankful it wasn't worse.:fire:

Jesse H
January 13, 2003, 01:30 PM
Glad they didn't take or hurt anything that wasn't replaceable. Take care.

twoblink
January 13, 2003, 11:53 PM
gf ended up staying with a friend; she didn't want to stay home alone..

She cried a little bit about the necklace... Things can be replaced but sentimental valued items can't... it was a necklace I had bought from Thailand and gave to her the second time I saw her... My "Honey, don't worry we can go to thailand and buy another one together" didn't seem to have the effect I had desired...

Oleg, as a Christian, all I can say is "God have mercy on the man, and when he is caught, may it not be by me..."

I had a dream last night about catching the guy... The contents of that dream I'll keep to myself, as I'd have to moderators so far up my spine... but needless to say, I'll give you a little preview content and let you all use your imagination to fill in the rest..

Excerpts from my dream::

"It's going to get cut off... that much I can assure you.. now the question is: do you want it to go into the BLENDER, or the DEEP FRYER??? I have two choices if you choose the fryer; corn oil, or olive oil..."

Sand paper, stomach, salt water... <-- those are the ingredients, you can probably imagine what the recipe will look like.

Vegetable peeler, forearm. <-- Dessert ingredients.

aikidoka-mks
January 14, 2003, 12:06 AM
Twoblink,

Im sorry to hear about this and Im glad your gf is ok. I hope this jerk gets caught soon.

Mark

Redlg155
January 14, 2003, 12:14 AM
Sorry to hear about things...

You could post a small monetary reward for information about who took the items. I'm betting you will gather information rather quickly. This wasn't a spur of the moment crime. Those items were way too large to just pack away on foot. The bad part is that they were patterning you, the good part is that it is very likely there will be a witness.

Sounds like a "Game Tracker" type camera may be beneficial for you. They are very good at taking pictures of deer and other "critters" when the infrared sensor is activated.

Oh..and if you find out who did it....let the cops do the aprehending!

Good Shooting
RED

Sven
January 14, 2003, 12:26 AM
I sincerely hope it wasn't a case of someone 'infopimping' you based on your posts here.

When something like this happened to me a while back, I got REALLY paranoid and VERY angry. I ended up walking around campus with my Maglight, looking for my stolen (tres expensive) bike... the Maglight wasn't necessarily ONLY for illumination, suffice it to say.

Never found the perp or the bike... it probably was in pieces in East Palo Alto before I even found out it was gone.

Time will heal the wounds. Fry's has fake video cameras made by a company that makes similar models that are real... complete with blinking red light. Maybe worth the $20 if there is a place you can install it... say, outside near previous breakin spot.

Good luck.

Tamara
January 14, 2003, 01:44 AM
:(

Skunkabilly
January 14, 2003, 01:56 AM
Jeez, this is the 5th or 6th time I'm trying to post a reply.

Twoblink, vengeance is the Lord's.

In the mean time, if you catch him, I will fly to Taiwan with and bring along a large black carbon fiber case.

We will tie the BG to a chair, shine a light in his face, and I will administer the Chinese Banjo Torture. Double up on your hearing! (earplugs and earmuffs, you'll need 'em)

USGuns
January 14, 2003, 02:00 AM
Well I hope they catch him ... warm that cane up! :evil:

thumbtack
January 14, 2003, 02:00 AM
At least no one was hurt, maybe next time he breaks into a second story windows he will slip and break his neck.

Phyphor
January 14, 2003, 02:22 AM
Would it be legal there for him to.. er.. grease his balcony rails?
(second floor, so you gotta figure... )

Blackhawk
January 14, 2003, 02:26 AM
Bummer.... :(I'll go Singaporean on him I've heard that disgruntled Singaporeans are something you never want to experience.... :fire:

Kevlarman
January 14, 2003, 06:44 AM
Sorry to hear about this, twoblink.

I'm just glad no one was hurt!

MLH
January 14, 2003, 08:23 AM
Sorry Twoblink. Make sure the grease is good and hot!:fire:

twoblink
January 14, 2003, 09:08 AM
Being chinese; torture has been part of my culture's history;

Let's see, chinese water torture..

Currently; the idea that's winning is:

glass rod inserted into his "gold member" apply hammer.:what:

A close second is 3000 strokes with a rusty spoon down the spine..

The Blender remains a strong third...

Skunk..

Do you have a "tactical cane" you'd like to sell me or recommend? I'm in the market for one!!

"Officer, I DON'T KNOW how motor oil got on the rails... and the catus right below it, I don't know how that got there either..."

:evil:

Marshall
January 14, 2003, 09:26 AM
I am very sorry to hear that twoblink!

The feeling of violation is amazing, I know. Prayers to you and your girlfriend.

OBTW, I made a statement to you the other day and didn't realize you were in Singapore. That makes all the difference! Accept my appologies, I understand now.

Pssst I hope ya found out who it is. ;)

twoblink
January 16, 2003, 11:17 AM
I just got back last night, and let me tell you, seeing the place ransacked made me even more mad..

Vengence is the Lords; But he hires people to dole out justice sometimes ;)

I just sharpened all the knives at home..

Machete, for when you can't have guns at home...

Uncle Ethan
January 16, 2003, 12:58 PM
That is bad- you won't work through that type of violation for quite a while- I wonder if they sell those movement activated burglur alarms there that you can hang on the doors? Condolences.:mad:

45R
January 16, 2003, 01:46 PM
TwoBlink-
Man I'm so sorry to hear that you place got broken into. I'm glad that your girlfriend is okay.

Being Chinese you also forgot:
Skin feet add salt.

45R

sm
January 16, 2003, 02:00 PM
:mad:
twoblink, I understand an empathize with you.
In Jamacia, condo busted into , helpless, violated, frustrating feeling. One, no firearms. Two, out of the US (I'm the foreigner).

I think you have an idea what to do , perhaps a warning system. IME perp's come back, they have inventoried and now have additonal things to steal.

Radio Shack type store around? Battery operated door ajar Sx.
I used a glass bottle with marbles and such until I could get a flight out of Jamacia.

stay safe

NeverAgain26
January 16, 2003, 02:56 PM
twoblink: Crime always goes up in Taiwan before the Lunar New Years, as I remember from my time there.

Sorry it had to happen to you. Hope you beef up the security going forward.

Stay safe.

NA26

twoblink
January 16, 2003, 09:13 PM
You have to understand the makeup of the apartment... I live on the 2nd floor of a flat, the flat as 4 different apartments per floor. The first floor is a restaurant, and I live above it. The roofline of the 1st floor is almost level with my balcony. My balcony has a metal screen, but a small door (in case of fire). He cut the lock on the small door. It is fairly easy to walk up to my balcony.

I have setup motion detecting webcams that will post to my website if it spots any movement. Now, to entice the thief to at least give my apt another look. I am going to go into psychological warfare mode.

45R, they take a steel wool or barillo pad to the feet, and keep scrubbing until it is raw and bloody, and then dip it into salt water..

My friend says the ancient method of "de-nosing" seems to be something I haven't considered...

The wives and concubines of the Emperor, if you were caught "smelling them or looking at them" you got de-nosed..

Because the nose is made of soft cartilage... so they take a sashimi knife ('d probably op for the vegetable peeler) but they slice [thinly] your nose off, layer by layer by layer... This is suppose to yield no blood, and it's a very recognized sign that you have "violated" something..

But all this might be just too delicate of work; my friends have voted:

Baseball bat + good hand bashing as number one..

Baseball bat + 2 knees (Italian mofia style) as number two..

twoblink
January 16, 2003, 09:20 PM
As I hit "submit" I heard a noise outside, and I went out to investigate.. I saw someone climbing to the 3rd floor balcony, where he proceeded to start hammering at the balcony screen of the 3rd floor..

Armed with my cleaver (Cold Steel or Emerson have NOTHING on my cleaver....) I ran up to the 3rd floor...

I was fairly disappointed, it was a screen repair guy, he was installing a new metal screen for the 3rd floor tenants... I told him, when someone calls and says he's there banging, and he doesn't answer, and I see him climbing on the balconies, he might get a knife under his throat..

Disappointed... Next time...

Sven
January 16, 2003, 09:57 PM
twoblink: Have you told your neighbors what happened?

Might be nice to setup a sort of "Neighborhood Watch" program, unless you think one of them might be in on it, in which case you should move, pronto.

Safety First
January 16, 2003, 10:26 PM
Sorry that happened to you,it has never happened to me yet,but I know you feel violated that someone would do that to you. Glad no one was hurt...

4thHorseman
January 17, 2003, 12:10 AM
twoblink, it happened to us also. So I know how you feel.
Chances of the cops catching them are very very slim. Even the insurance companies will tell you that.
You hang in there buddy.

twoblink
January 17, 2003, 08:42 AM
Sven,

I live on the 2nd floor; the 3rd,4th,5th all got robbed too.. So no need to "tell the neighbors"

The police here are utterly useless, we found out there is video surveilance of our place, and when we told them, they said "then you go watch the tapes!" and just left..

Burglary is a violation of a person, plane and simple, it's up there with rape...

I'm making little posters that say "You thief, if I catch you, I will cut you into little pieces, make you into soup, and feed it to the neighborhood dogs.":fire:

If you enjoyed reading about "My house just got broken into!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!