First yellow knife

PDA

Todd A
June 17, 2008, 05:52 AM
Not a Case, a Schrade of course. My Fathers Day gift from my youngest daughter and my son.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/todda/881Y.jpg

It spent the day in my pocket yesterday. Yella aint so bad.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "First yellow knife" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HiWayMan
June 17, 2008, 07:15 AM
Nice US Schrade. Depending what vintage that one is the blades should take on a nice patina right quick and in a hurry.

I'm gonna start getting these yeller handled ones for my Dad. He called last night wanting to borrow my metal detector as he has lost his knife in the yard yet again, probably the twentieth time we've played this game.. The Yeller handle ought to show up a bit better than stag in his 3ac of grass.

Carl Levitian
June 17, 2008, 05:30 PM
Nice knife!

I remember when I was a kid, there was lots of yella handle knives. Case, Schrade, Colonial, Camillus. They were great because if ya dropped it in the woods, it was real easy to find.

sm
June 17, 2008, 05:42 PM
Congrats!

Your kids "done good".

One has to wonder if some of these adults did not / do not play a game just to get a new knife they could see...

Just like how it always seems an adult never lost a knife, but a kid always found that knife in a chair, or couch.
Got a coin or two for finding it...

"Dear, I seem to have lost my knife..." and a kid would run and find it.

Ever notice as a kid, there was always change in a chair, or couch, even if you just checked it and "got to keep what you found" ?

Yellow knives were kept up with out and about, it was/ is them chairs and couches you really have to watch out for...they "snag" knives it seems...*wink*

bikerdoc
June 17, 2008, 11:20 PM
purty as a basket full of puppies

If you enjoyed reading about "First yellow knife" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!