Thread necromancy epidemic

PDA

R.W.Dale
June 21, 2008, 07:08 PM
Anyone care to speculate as to the reasoning for of all these 5 yr old threads being brought back from the dead? What gets me is it's not just here but everywhere on the net is being overrun by the virtual equivalent to the walking undead.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/krochus/smack/ThreadNecro.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Thread necromancy epidemic" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Telperion
June 21, 2008, 08:30 PM
Mostly from people who find the thread via Google et al. and then reply to it without checking the date, I think.

R.W.Dale
June 21, 2008, 08:51 PM
Yeah but as of late seems as though every other topic is 5yrs old. The problem has gotten much worse in a very short time frame

jdc1244
June 21, 2008, 09:16 PM
It would be nice if a thread over a certain age say, six months or so could be flagged when responded to after the set time period. Nothing extravagant, perhaps an icon next to the thread title like a clock or hourglass. Maybe a different color font or italicized font for the thread title.

rbernie
June 21, 2008, 09:46 PM
I guess we can't have it both ways; we tell people to use search to find old threads instead of starting new ones, and then we get pissed at them when they drag the thread back from the dead.

JShirley
June 21, 2008, 10:52 PM
Good point.

JohnKSa
June 22, 2008, 01:44 AM
School's out! He speculated.

prism
June 22, 2008, 02:59 PM
another forum I visit shows an "old thread" warning when someone is about to reply to an old thread. it has a tick box to be checked for the user to confirm they know it's an old thread.

I don't know if it's a software mod or regular feature.

N1150X
June 22, 2008, 07:52 PM
honeastly I dont understand why people get so mad about thread necromancy the only time i hate it is when its on sales that are 3 years old but sometimes the question is not answered and I happen upon it and have an answer so I'll answer it I dont see anything wrong with that

walking arsenal
June 22, 2008, 08:22 PM
Frankly i'm glad they've been doing it.

Its been getting old reading a bunch of threads complaining about guns store service.

Its nice to see some new ideas on some older threads.

txgho1911
June 26, 2008, 10:55 PM
An no mention of Heller.
Maybe a zomie or other critter.

If you enjoyed reading about "Thread necromancy epidemic" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!