Kimber and King's Safeties Supply?

PDA

Joshua M. Smith
June 21, 2008, 09:03 PM
Hello,

King's Gunworks and Kimber both make a very similar ambidextrous safety, one that uses a special hammer pin to retain the right side safety.

Both have been out forever. I called Kimber a couple months ago and was told they'd have them in two weeks. They never showed up on the website for sale, as promised.

What's going on here? Have we had a sudden surge of left handers shooting the 1911 pistol?

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks,

Josh <><

If you enjoyed reading about "Kimber and King's Safeties Supply?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bob Rodgers
June 22, 2008, 11:05 AM
Josh,

As of a couple of weeks ago, King's had WIDE paddle ambis in stock. I don't think they show up on their "in stock" list, but if you press and they check with the shop, I think you can get one.
That configuration will allow you to shape the left-side paddle as desired. The right side paddle is the normal size.

Joshua M. Smith
June 22, 2008, 04:51 PM
Thank you! I kept getting told they were out of stock.

Josh <><

If you enjoyed reading about "Kimber and King's Safeties Supply?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!