Lyman Autoflo? Anyone have one?

PDA

Peter M. Eick
August 24, 2003, 08:10 PM
Just curious what you think of it. I have a midway 1292 and am looking for a bigger unit. The Autoflo looks interesting.

If you enjoyed reading about "Lyman Autoflo? Anyone have one?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kruzr
August 24, 2003, 09:46 PM
I use a Lyman Autoflow 2200. The media will drain but you then have to mix it up and turn the brass to get the media out of the shells. I stir it and turn the brass over with a wooden ruler, let it run a minute, stir again and one more minute. I then drop it in a wire basket, shake and into my cardboard box for loading.

dickwholliday
August 25, 2003, 08:34 AM
One of my buddies asked me over the weekend what kind of media/brass separator i used because his Lyman tumbler like you're describing did not do an adequate job of getting the media out.....personally i use the simple one that midway sells that fits in a 5 gallon bucket and is basically a sifter......DICK

David Wile
September 1, 2003, 11:29 PM
Hey Peter,

I got one of the big Lyman Auto Flo vibratory cleaners perhaps fifteen years ago, it is still going strong, and I like it very much for cleaning my cases. Having said that, however, I do not use the media drain feature at all. Like Dick, I find it much easier to pour everything into a big sifter over a big bucket. Works faster that way for me. That does not, however, mean it is not a good case cleaner. It really is a good product. I just do not find that feature useful.

Best wishes,
Dave Wile

JoeHatley
September 2, 2003, 10:33 AM
I've been using an AutoFlo for years, and I love mine. The media drain works just fine for me. After the majority of the media has been drained, I leave the tumber on and stir the brass by hand for 30 seconds or so. This usually gets 99.9% of the media out of handgun brass. Bottleneck cases take a bit longer.

Joe

BigG
September 2, 2003, 11:13 AM
I got the largest available at the time, don't know the model #. Works good and yes, you need to stir the brass around or sift it after to get media out of cases. Don't know any way around that.

Black Snowman
September 3, 2003, 06:23 PM
I recently got one and it's not quite as slick as I had hoped. It drains a little slower than I'd like, but I'm really impatient. If I were to do it over I'd probably just get the standard model and a sifter. As it is I'm going to use an extra pail I have and get a spaghetti strainer to use as my sifter :D

I agree with Mr. Wile, it's a great case cleaner and from the online outlets the best bang for the buck.

If you enjoyed reading about "Lyman Autoflo? Anyone have one?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!