value of the these rugers

PDA

nutty7462
June 23, 2008, 06:57 PM
sorry, I don't have any pics.

My dad has a Ruger Blackhawk that apparantly belonged to my Grandfather? My dad will turn fifty in a couple of years. If it has been fired, it was less than 10 rounds. The gun looks brand new. Blued.

The other is a single six stainless ( I dont know if they come any other way) which is maybe 10 years old.

I'm wondering what the value of these guns are. He is not planning on selling them, but I like to find out what things are worth. I can shoot the guns, but I'd rather not if they are worth a lot.

If you enjoyed reading about "value of the these rugers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Shortdog22
June 23, 2008, 07:10 PM
Other than sentimental value they are mainly shooters. Don't get me wrong, you got two of the best shooters made!

bannockburn
June 23, 2008, 07:25 PM
nutty7462

Try going to Ruger's website and reference your serial numbers to their serial number history. That way you'll be able to better determine the year that they were made. From there you can try looking on gun auction websites like GunBroker.com, to see if someone there has a gun for sale that's a close match in condition and age to your revolvers.

MADDOG
June 23, 2008, 07:37 PM
Go here for Ruger information---------http://www.ruger.com/Firearms/PS-SerialNumberHistory.html

Gator
June 23, 2008, 10:24 PM
Kind of hard to say with such limited information, especially for the Blackhawk. For instance, a run of the mill old model .357 Blackhawk (not a flat-top) usually goes for $300-375. A flat-top .357 will bring $450-1200 depending on barrel length and condition. And some .44 flat-tops will bring even more.

BlkHawk73
June 24, 2008, 07:03 PM
Other than sentimental value they are mainly shooters.

Not quite! Depending on which variation it is it could very well be a LOT more than just having sentimental value or just a shooter. As mentioned above, some variations are quite rare and very valuable.

The SS on the other hand, unless it's one of just a few scarce variations of the stainless ones, its worth $300 or so depending on the common variables.

HOME DEPOT GEORGE
June 24, 2008, 08:54 PM
If the SS is a flatgate version it is worth significantly more than some other models because of the scarcity. edit MY bad they stopped making flatgates a lot more than 10 years ago.

nutty7462
June 27, 2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks everyone!

BlkHawk73
June 27, 2008, 05:20 PM
If the SS is a flatgate version it is worth significantly more than some other models because of the scarcity. edit MY bad they stopped making flatgates a lot more than 10 years ago.

There also was no stainless flatgates made either.

If you enjoyed reading about "value of the these rugers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!