Can't upload picture to correct fourm...

PDA

mkl
June 25, 2008, 05:00 PM
My first try at uploading a picture, and I used the "test" section to make sure I was doing all okay.

Got it right in "test" and now I can't upload to the reloading fourm because "I have already uploaded this image in test"

How do I either "kill" the test picture, or transfer it as an attachment to the section of this forum I want to post it in?

If you enjoyed reading about "Can't upload picture to correct fourm..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
June 25, 2008, 05:14 PM
Could change the name of the picture file to something else.

rcmodel

mkl
June 25, 2008, 05:24 PM
Tried.

Infernal machine is too smart. Probably counts pixels.

See my post in section below this one.

Gurrrrrrr......

Reminds me of when I worked every day with programmers....

Odd Job
June 25, 2008, 05:36 PM
Just copy and paste this (without the 2 *) into your thread. I even resized it for you!

[*IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/Odd_Job/IMG_5055.jpg[/*IMG]

mkl
June 25, 2008, 05:54 PM
Thanks Odd Job.

Before I read your post, I went into a photo editor and resized slightly so the .jpg would not have the same byte or pixel count. Gave it a different name, and the upload was accepted. [Humans are STILL smarter than computers!]

Now it shows up with a thumbnail and will blow up to what I wanted.

Have not a clue as to what you did, but I'll play around in the test section with stuff I don't want to post immediately.

Thanks again

mkl

Odd Job
June 25, 2008, 06:02 PM
MKL

All I did was upload it to Photobucket. It is a free image-hosting website, and you can resize your images right there. It's very useful for putting images in threads.

Larry Ashcraft
June 25, 2008, 06:08 PM
Two easy ways to do it:

You can link to the first pic by opening it, copying the URL, and then posting it in the second thread by clicking on the little postcard looking icon and pasting the URL into the popup box.

Or, you can go to your attachments in User CP and delete the original attachment and then attach it again.

mkl
June 25, 2008, 06:35 PM
Thanks Odd & Larry.

I'll check out photobucket.

Larry: Thanks for the explanation as to how to make the computer "forget" I was uploading a test .jpg.

If you enjoyed reading about "Can't upload picture to correct fourm..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!