Pachmayr Compac grip for sp101 okay with speedloaders?

PDA

Katana8869
June 26, 2008, 12:42 AM
I read somewhere that the Pacmayr Compac grip is not recessed for speedloaders. Is that true? I like the looks of these grips, mainly because of their length, but if I can't use my HKS speedloaders with them, I don't want to waste my money.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pachmayr Compac grip for sp101 okay with speedloaders?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
coyotehitman
June 26, 2008, 05:03 PM
If they do not work with speed loaders, it's nothing a dremel and a few minutes wont cure.

dullone
June 26, 2008, 07:27 PM
Trausch grips allow the use of speed loaders, and do a great job of harnessing that .357 harshness. Great grips

http://www.trausch.com/form/accueilA.htm[/url]

strat81
June 26, 2008, 11:35 PM
The Compacs on my Colt D-Frame are recessed for speedloaders but the factory stocks are not.

But that doesn't answer your question. ;)

Did you try e-mailing Pachmayr?

markallen
June 26, 2008, 11:48 PM
I have the compac on my sp101, and they are recessed, but you still may have to trim a little. I just took a little bit off the inside edge where it contacts the frame, with an exacto knife.
There was just enough, about an 1/16" that wouldn't allow the speedloader to sit flush on the frame, causing a little bit of binding.

Captain Bligh
June 28, 2008, 08:10 AM
Dunno, but I can tell you that Compacs on a S & W Model 60 get in the way of a speed loader.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pachmayr Compac grip for sp101 okay with speedloaders?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!