Ok, NOW what???? (My thread on SB 2081)

PDA

Green Lantern
June 27, 2008, 08:42 AM
http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?p=4639981

Things were just taking an informative turn there regarding the need for LEGAL action against someone instead of voluntarily seeking treatment. I saw NOTHING "non-high-road" in there (though NC-Mike and I seem to have different opinions on the bill)...

If it was drifting off-course for an Activism thread, wouldn't moving it to Legal or GGD be more appropriate?

PS, I would have done this via PM if whoever closed the thread had seen fit to post in there and announce why - I don't know who closed it...

A confused and mildly irritated
-GL

If you enjoyed reading about "Ok, NOW what???? (My thread on SB 2081)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
fletcher
June 27, 2008, 09:07 AM
I checked this bill out a while back and I find it pretty harmless. While I read your concerns about involuntary outpatient, and also read the others about the (un)likelihood of that happening, the key is involuntary. That being the basis for any action, as well as a simple built-in petitioning system existing in the bill to address any wrongdoing, alleviated any concern I had with it.

Personally, I'll just let it be.

hso
June 27, 2008, 12:57 PM
Sorry, I closed the thread because it had turned into a debate instead of a straightforward Activism thread as required in the the subforum rules.

I got pulled away before I could add a closing note and then forgot to get back to it.

My error and my apologies for it.

Green Lantern
June 27, 2008, 02:31 PM
Ah, fair enough I guess. I'm guessing I can re-start it in a more appropriate section for debating it, then...?

hso
June 27, 2008, 02:46 PM
Sure

If you enjoyed reading about "Ok, NOW what???? (My thread on SB 2081)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!