Sights for Rossi M92

PDA

floridaboy
June 28, 2008, 01:38 PM
Can anyone suggest a good peep sight for a Rossi 92? I don't seem to be having much luck locating one. I'd prefer one that is reciever mounted, if available.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sights for Rossi M92" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MCgunner
June 28, 2008, 02:45 PM
Son-in-law has a Williams receiver sight on his .45 Colt, was on it when he bought it. I'm not sure the exact fit for it, but it's a Williams, says so on the sight. Works fantastic, too. I took an aperture sight off an old Winchester single shot .22 to put on mine, fit the dovetail. It's elevation click adjustable and very repeatable which is great because I can adjust it from .38 light loads to .357 heavy loads no problem instantly. :D

mainmech48
June 28, 2008, 02:51 PM
I have a Lyman 66A on my Rossi "Trapper" in .357.

It's a bit smaller than the fine Williams FP and seem more suited to the petite lines of the '92 action.

You'll have to have a couple of holes located, drilled and tapped to mount one, no matter the make. Cost is about $15-20 per hole in these parts.

I didn't need to alter the front sight to zero mine. Plenty of adjustment for any load, too - .38 Spl. or .357.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sights for Rossi M92" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!