Calling all graphic artists: Designs for "A Militia of One" t-shirt

PDA

sacp81170a
June 29, 2008, 02:45 PM
In another thread, the thought crossed my mind that Heller affirms the idea of "A Militia of One". Well, not really, but it is a catchy phrase. What would be a good design for a t-shirt?

If you enjoyed reading about "Calling all graphic artists: Designs for "A Militia of One" t-shirt" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GunDoctor
June 29, 2008, 02:46 PM
Interesting Idea

sacp81170a
June 29, 2008, 02:54 PM
Interesting Idea

I'm thinking of the classic Minute Man, except with an AR with a bayonet. :evil:

Feel free to use it if you want to print some up.

Travis McGee
June 29, 2008, 03:27 PM
Oh yeah! Just the slogan alone makes it a winner. Give Oleg a week, we'll have the best design ever! Maybe something simplified, for T-shirts and and ball caps?

sd
June 29, 2008, 04:48 PM
sacp87710a - this is an OUTSTANDING idea. I'm not skilled but i hope someone does some photoshop with this idea. Great.

Eric F
June 29, 2008, 05:12 PM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=370832&highlight=Militia+of+One

I thought that sounded familiar..........

Robert Hairless
June 29, 2008, 05:23 PM
Would it have a target on the back or is that going to cost extra?

sacp81170a
June 29, 2008, 05:43 PM
I thought that sounded familiar..........

Oh well, somebody thought of it first... It is catchy, though. SCOTUS effectively separated militia status from the individual right to keep and bear arms in Heller. My thought is that they left the door open for us to keep and bear the common military arms of our day, i.e., individual weapons and not crew served weapons. How far this goes remains to be seen, but there is at least a chance. Therefore the "Militia of One" idea. ;)

Would it have a target on the back or is that going to cost extra?

At the very least it would be no more offensive than the "I'm with Stupid" t-shirt. ;)

Shung
June 29, 2008, 05:53 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d7/Minute_Man_Statue_Lexington_Massachusetts.jpg/800px-Minute_Man_Statue_Lexington_Massachusetts.jpg

An Ar-15 well placed here could do it !

lanternlad1
June 29, 2008, 07:57 PM
As the entire adult male populace of America is effectively the "Militia" of the United States (according to the Congressional Act of 1792) the "Militia of One" idea does not make sense to me. The word "Militia" in today's sheeple society, for right or wrong, conjures up images of insane malcontents intent on defying the government to the point of destruction at all costs. I pose that a person wearing a "Militia of One" shirt will be labeled by the uneducated populace as a would-be terrorist, and their lives potentially be made hell.

Also, the "Army of One" thing has been done to death.

To go running around willy-nilly waving flags and guns after such a momentous decision as Heller would not be in the best interest of the Pro-Second society IMO. The High Road was founded to show gunnies as the intelligent, thoughtful, gun owners they are, not the images of liberatarian extremists this Militia of One shirt would provoke. Very careful consideration of this idea needs to be done before progressing further.

Creature
June 29, 2008, 08:14 PM
Beautiful photo, Shung, both in composition and set up. Even the clouds in the background add an understated drama to the subject matter.

strambo
June 29, 2008, 09:38 PM
How about "Militia Strong"? :D

Robert Hairless
June 30, 2008, 01:46 AM
At the very least it would be no more offensive than the "I'm with Stupid" t-shirt.

Good point. But everytime I explain it to my wife she asks me to count to ten without using my fingers and toes. I'm a gun owner, dammit, not some mathematical genius.

sacp81170a
June 30, 2008, 05:42 AM
I'm a gun owner, dammit, not some mathematical genius.

I thought that was why the antis wanted to limit magazine capacity to ten rounds? ;)

At least, that seems to be the way they think of us...

Shung
June 30, 2008, 05:56 AM
Beautiful photo, Shung, both in composition and set up. Even the clouds in the background add an understated drama to the subject matter.

the picture is not mine however. I found it on the Internet. but this momument is well known.

If you enjoyed reading about "Calling all graphic artists: Designs for "A Militia of One" t-shirt" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!