need help with info on a Colt DA 32

PDA

jddaero
July 2, 2008, 11:13 PM
My home was broken into and some handguns were taken. One was an old Colt DA 32. It was nickel and had black plastic grips. Grips had the Colt logo at the top and just plain knurled. It was a 4" barrel as best I can remeber. It had the patent dates on the barrel and the only ID markings it had was the it was stamped Colt DA 32 on the barrel on the left side. I am trying to ID the exact model and get a estimated price for the insurance company.

I hate it is gone. It was my grandfather's and then my Dad's gun. Both have passed away.

Any help or suggestion on where to look would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Joe Davis
jddaero05@yahoo.com

If you enjoyed reading about "need help with info on a Colt DA 32" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bannockburn
July 3, 2008, 06:02 AM
jddaero

A Colt DA in .32 caliber covers a lot of different models. One of the first was the New Pocket, brought out in the early 1890's. Then there was the Pocket Positive a little over 12 years later. Additional models included the New Police, Police Positive, and the Police Positive Special. Is there any chance you have a photograph of it somewhere, or maybe had some information written down about it?

jddaero
July 3, 2008, 10:16 AM
http://www.ocyoung.com/Colts.htm

If you go to this site, look at the 32 at the bottom of the page. This is the exact gun ( nickel finish ) except it had black grips, not the fancy carved grips. The write up on this gun is what was on the barrel of the one I had. There was not any inscription of "police positive", "new police" or any of those, it had the patent dates and in bolder letters "Colt DA 32".

Maybe this can help narrow my search.

Thanks for your help.

Joe
jddaero05@yahoo.com

Old Fuff
July 3, 2008, 11:07 AM
Did you ever buy any cartridges for this revolver? If so, and you still have them, what exactly are they?

jddaero
July 3, 2008, 01:18 PM
No I never bought any ammo. There was a partial box with the gun when it was stolen. Mostly in color. I am thinking Winchester. The ammo would have to have been purchaes at least by the early 1960's.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Joe

If you enjoyed reading about "need help with info on a Colt DA 32" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!