Help me buy a capper.

PDA

Boom-stick
July 3, 2008, 05:31 AM
Just wondering what cappers you guys use with you ROA's, I bought a black plastic one (maybe Knight's or TC ~ can't remember?!?) but it doesn't fit in the nipple recess and an Uberti but the spring isn't man enough to push out the last 3 caps??

Help anyone?

Cheers

Dan

If you enjoyed reading about "Help me buy a capper." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JWINKS
July 3, 2008, 07:07 AM
Get yourself a " Cash pistol capper ". You'll be able to get it into tight places like a revolver and it will last several lifetimes.
I see that Cabela's has them but they are pretty easy to find.

Acorn Mush
July 3, 2008, 11:37 AM
I second what JWINKS said. I have used my Cash revolver capper for more than 10 years. Very convienient, dependable, and easy to refill.

fedaircop
July 3, 2008, 11:40 AM
Not to hijack anyones thread but would that Cash Capper be good for a Colt as well specifically a Walker?

mykeal
July 3, 2008, 01:05 PM
Yes.

fedaircop
July 3, 2008, 01:21 PM
OK Thanks I will get one today

fedaircop
July 3, 2008, 01:33 PM
on checking them out at cabellas i find several to choose from one is a pistol caper but there are also a number of staright line cappers but just to be sure it IS the one that sort of looks like an apostrophe is that correct? and excuse my ignorance.

AdmiralB
July 3, 2008, 01:45 PM
FYI, it appears that the Cash will work with Colt replicas, but NOT Remingtons.

Acorn Mush
July 3, 2008, 02:13 PM
FEDAIRCOP, the Cash capper that looks like an apostrophe is the one you want. Mine does work on my Remington '58 but it took a bit of manipulation to do so. I finally enlarged the nipple cutouts a bit with a Dremel tool to make the job of capping easier. Works without a hitch now.

fedaircop
July 3, 2008, 02:23 PM
Acorn Mush Thanks I'm gonna' push the send button on the order now those caps are the one thing that is a real pain in an otherwise joyful pursuit LOL and I did notice that cabellas has a notice that the capper does not work on the Remington Old army Models.

mykeal
July 3, 2008, 05:34 PM
An alternative to routing out the nipple recesses in the Remington cylinder is to take that Dremel (or a file) to the capper. There's a little bit more material on the mouth of the capper than needed, and it can be judiciously removed to help that problem with the Remington (and the 1862 Colt Police, and the Rogers & Spencer, etc.)

Sagetown
July 3, 2008, 11:01 PM
Thanks Boom-stick for asking that question. :)
I've been looking at those SNAIL Cappers that Acorn Mush recommends. I'll be gettin me one now.

For years I've used a straight line capper, and after 20 caps, I either have to stop and reload the capper, or use my fingers till they get sore.:eek:

Sage

If you enjoyed reading about "Help me buy a capper." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!