Flintlocks and Eye Protection

PDA

gizamo
July 5, 2008, 05:44 AM
During the 4th, we like to do some BP shooting with a group of friends. I was taking some pics and this one really stood out. Fellow forgot to lower his safety glasses this one time:uhoh:

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/Gizamo1/july4th005.jpg

After I showed him the pic, he said "That will never ever happen again":eek:

Giz

If you enjoyed reading about "Flintlocks and Eye Protection" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mykeal
July 5, 2008, 07:55 AM
Lucky man. Some people don't get that second chance.

RoaringBull
July 5, 2008, 10:38 AM
I shot my flinter recently and when I took off my safety glasses there were small specs of flint stuck to them.

Grey Wolf
July 5, 2008, 02:21 PM
It appears that the gent with the unorthodox shooting stance on the left doesn't have a flash guard on the pan.

It's rude and a bit unsafe to fire a flinter with a fellow shooter on the lock side of the gun that's being shot, especially if he's aiming and unaware of the coming hot shower.

There are matches where your shot is disqualified if you don't call out, "flintlock" before you shoot, warning fellow shooters of the flash and hot particles on the way.

At the 19th century historic reenactment "battles" I do flinters must have flash guards.

4v50 Gary
July 5, 2008, 03:07 PM
Little wonder why many flintlock era soliders flinched or closed their eyes.

Rachen
July 5, 2008, 03:15 PM
Little wonder why many flintlock era soliders flinched or closed their eyes.

These rifles were called "flinch-locks" for a reason!:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Flintlocks and Eye Protection" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!