NM Blackhawk

PDA

revolverman357
July 5, 2008, 09:00 PM
Just got back from the gun show today and brought with me a NM Blackhawk in .357 magnum, 4 5/8 in barrel. Didn't notice until I got it home, but it does not have the warning on the barrel. It shoots well and to POA, but I noticed that the hammer pivot pin was backed out a little, hope it was not serious, I tapped on it with my leather mallet and it went back into place, paid $300 OTD. Blue is good with just a ring around the cylinder. Sorry no pics yet. serial #32-707xx. Anybody know what year?

If you enjoyed reading about "NM Blackhawk" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Seafarer12
July 5, 2008, 09:12 PM
You can look up the year on Rugers site. I have an Old model in the same configuration. The only thing I would change about it would be a longer barrel. It is one of my favorite pistols.

revolverman357
July 5, 2008, 09:17 PM
Thanks, that was easy. It looks like it is between 1975 and 1976 in date.
I also noticed Ruger has owners manuals and parts booklets online too. I'll look at them later.....

bakert
July 6, 2008, 02:34 AM
Dammit, you bought the gun I've been looking for.:(
Kidding aside, a good revolver at what would be a very good price in my area.:)

BlkHawk73
July 6, 2008, 08:43 AM
If it were a '76 made model, it would have the 200th Ann rollmark on it. Request a manual from Ruger (they're free) just to have. Don't worry about the hammer pin, some will move a slight amount I've found. I have however seen examples where the previous owner used the wrong screw in one spot so the one that halps retian the hammer pin wasn't used. Might want to double check if that becomes a problem.
Got plenty of Ruger SA's hereincluding pre-warning ones. They're addicting but as you found out already - fantastic shooters and FUN.

revolverman357
July 6, 2008, 09:59 AM
I'm gonna check that screw today, at least see if it is screwed all the way in. It kinda looks as if it has not been seated all the way... I'll be careful.

If you enjoyed reading about "NM Blackhawk" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!