Gosh Darn It All, How'd this happen...

PDA

gizamo
July 5, 2008, 09:37 PM
Ok, it's been a whole year. So time to come out of the closet and admit something, I've been hiding....

About a year ago, I found a cheap .45 Auto. Cheap as in inexpensive, not shoddy. So I set out to test the little bugger.... 1000 rounds without a hiccup over several months. The only cleaning it got was with BrakeClean and a swabbing out of the barrel. Never dissassmbled. All kinds of ammo and it fed them all.

Since I'm a .45 Guy, I was looking to find something wrong with it. I mean, for 1/4 the price of some of my 1911's this thing outperformed many of them on reliability. Plus it was accurate out of the box. So I decided to use it as my primary CCW gun. And Dammit, it is small enough to be really comfortable...

Then the ultimate insult. I was (key word "was") a cocked and locked kinda guy.... This one keeps one in the tube, and is a DA/SA gun. And it works slicker then all heck....So I pull off the first shot, then everything goes back to SA...~ Hard to argue with that?

So a couple of LEO's laughed at it, then we were at the range shooting the 100 yard gongs with our revolvers. I had talked it up so much that one of them said " let's see" 3 out of 5 hits later at 100 yards and he was trying to figure out what dealer he could get one from... Then they all put it through the paces, and the naysayers were silent...

I just give up ~ Guess I'm going to have to learn to like it....:eek:
The thing is that it is just so cheap to buy.... and yet I cannot find anything wrong with the fit, finish, or quality of the gun. And the son of a gun is a tackdriver that never hiccups....

It's driving me nuts:banghead:

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/Gizamo1/Bersa-1.jpg

Dammit,

Giz

If you enjoyed reading about "Gosh Darn It All, How'd this happen..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Radio
July 5, 2008, 09:41 PM
S&w 457?

Ridgerunner665
July 5, 2008, 09:42 PM
Bersa...I had one in 9mm...gave it to my son for his birthday.

They are good lil guns....if there is anything wrong with them...its the finish, and its not the worst I have seen.

hankdatank1362
July 5, 2008, 09:45 PM
Bersa MiniFirestorm. My dad has one in 9mm as his CCW.

He probably had about 800 rounds through it without cleaning (or any real lubing to speak of) before it started to hiccup.

I field stripped it for him, cleaned and luber it up nice, and it runs like a dream again.

gizamo
July 5, 2008, 09:51 PM
Oooops...

Should have posted the gun that's driving me crazy as a Bersa Thunder .45ACP.....

And another thing. Look at the Mag, it's almost as big as the gun...How'd they do it?

Giz

Ridgerunner665
July 5, 2008, 09:54 PM
Look at the Mag, it's almost as big as the gun

With a big price tag to match...for the price of 4 mags...you could buy the gun.

Moonclip
July 6, 2008, 06:43 AM
I don't see them often. What gun are they based on? I assume they are similar to the Thunder 9? Are they a Bersa unique design?

Deus Machina
July 6, 2008, 06:55 AM
I've taken a liking to them, myself. Would have had a Thunder 9 if my S&W hadn't attached itself to my hands.

They're loose Walther clones, IIRC. At least the .380 is. The other Thunders might be Browning-based.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gosh Darn It All, How'd this happen..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!