Removel of a SP101 Barrel?

PDA

Nickelboy
July 6, 2008, 09:29 AM
If it possible to remove a barrel from a SP101? How?

If you enjoyed reading about "Removel of a SP101 Barrel?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jeeping
July 6, 2008, 10:18 AM
It's possible, but I'd take it to a smith.
Whats wrong with it?

Nickelboy
July 6, 2008, 01:39 PM
I damaged the cylinder and I was going to part it out.

rcmodel
July 6, 2008, 01:41 PM
Send it back to Ruger and let them fix it.

rcmodel

revolverman357
July 6, 2008, 01:54 PM
What kind of damage does the cylinder have?

Ruger stands behind their products, period. Great people.

Nickelboy
July 6, 2008, 05:26 PM
My experience with Ruger hasn't been so good, I'd rather part it out then deal with them.

The Lone Haranguer
July 6, 2008, 07:01 PM
The barrel unscrews from the frame, but to remove it without damage to either requires a gunsmith with factory level training and tools. For the purpose you describe it would not be cost effective, IMO.

ewayte
July 6, 2008, 07:35 PM
My experience with Ruger hasn't been so good, I'd rather part it out then deal with them.

Would you be so good as to enlighten us as to the details of your experience? I had a Ruger Acusport Bisley (.45 Colt) that I sent back for service. It turned out they couldn't fix it, and had to scrap it. They gave me my choice for a replacement (Bisley in .44 Magnum) and they threw in an extra set of stocks, a $50 value. Yes, I didn't like the fact my Acusport had to be scrapped, but overall, the whole process was a pleasant one.

Nickelboy
July 6, 2008, 08:42 PM
My biggest problem with Ruger is that they are very hard to communicate with. I found it retarded when I filled out their online contact form for the response to be call, then I call to be told to go to the web and send it in. I was unable to actually talk with anyone besides the phone jockey. I sent it in as I was so rudely instructed and it's been 6 weeks and they still have my gun. So far I’d compare my experience with Ruger to an Ebay deal gone bad trying to communicate with someone in a third world country.

Don’t misunderstand I have many Ruger’s and shoot them proudly, but I feel I’m on my own. But I will also say it’s been because of this experience I’m currently looking at Taurus too.

ewayte
July 6, 2008, 11:45 PM
I didn't get to talk to a gunsmith, but the ladies I dealt with in New Hampshire were a pleasure to deal with. I do wish they had a 800 number, but at least I was never on hold.

machinisttx
July 7, 2008, 12:26 AM
Where are you located? If you're close, I might buy the whole gun.

rcmodel
July 7, 2008, 12:14 PM
But I will also say itís been because of this experience Iím currently looking at Taurus too.Oh!
That ought to be good! :D

If you think Ruger CS is bad, you got a whole nother learning experience ahead of you!

rcmodel

If you enjoyed reading about "Removel of a SP101 Barrel?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!