Can you belive this?

PDA

HANDLOADER
July 7, 2008, 02:35 PM
I drove to the store today and while I was out there I decided to stop by the local gun shop and see if they needed any of my money to help pay there bills. Any way I was about to go behind the counter and buy myself some CCI 500 SP primers for the weekend and looked up and there it was NO ONE BUT EMPLOEYS ALLOWED BEHIND THE COUNTER. I asked how come they had the sign up I was stunned haveing gone down there for past 8 years I have become a valued custermer during that time period. The owner told me that the reason the had it up was because some one had walked off with 2 pistols. I asked what they were and he said a sig and a rough rider .22 RF. And apperently they did it back in the winter because they never do inventory but about a few times a year it took them this long to find out that they were misssing. The sig had a 500 dollar price tag on it and the RF 22 was only 120 dollars but I will say one thing about the thieves they were gutsey.

So please tell me what you think.

If you enjoyed reading about "Can you belive this?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hso
July 7, 2008, 02:37 PM
Think about what? What's your question?

psyopspec
July 7, 2008, 02:41 PM
Sad story. I go behind the counter of my favorite shop all the time - like you, I've been a customer there for a few years and have good rapport with the guys that work the counter. Most of the time the riff-raff wouldn't try to pull something like that with armed employees and customers around.

ETA - Not an answer, just thought you were just looking for a little commiseration.

TehK1w1
July 7, 2008, 02:41 PM
I've never heard of a gun store that allows non-employees to go behind the counter. I can't think offhand of any non-gun related stores that allow this either.

CountGlockula
July 7, 2008, 02:47 PM
They need a better set up to not allow thieves to easily steal their guns.

Is the inside of the store pretty cramped or small? Sounds like someone needs to rearrange the furniture.

armoredman
July 7, 2008, 02:54 PM
I was invited to go behind the counter of a few shops, and that was a priviledge I never abused. When I worked at a gunshop/range, we had very very few customers allowed behind the counter, and that was ammo counter only. When I left, we were installing locks on all cabinets, as there had been a few unpublicized thefts. Now, I would never ask, or assume, that I would be allowed there - the liability is simply too great.

Walkalong
July 7, 2008, 03:05 PM
I was invited to go behind the counter of a few shops, and that was a priviledge I never abusedYep. Gotta be asked. I would never just walk back there.

Blackbeard
July 7, 2008, 03:10 PM
I don't find it that odd. I don't know any stores that let non-employees behind the counter. Just go in and ask them for what you want.

If you enjoyed reading about "Can you belive this?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!