Gunsmith courses

PDA

Kim
July 9, 2008, 12:15 AM
Are any of the on-line gunsmithing coarses worth the money. I am wanting to just learn mainly for my self interest not to go into the trade.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gunsmith courses" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
freakshow10mm
July 9, 2008, 12:56 AM
No. Waste of money and you don't learn squat. I'd never hire a "gunsmith" that took an online or correspondence course.

Colorado School of Trades or Pennsylvania Gunsmith School are your best options.

kingpin008
July 9, 2008, 12:59 AM
I dunno about "courses", but I've found the various AGI videos endlessly entertaining and informative. I've got a small collection of them, even for guns I don't have (yet). I'm not handy or mechanically inclined at all, but the instructors on the videos make it pretty easy.

4v50 Gary
July 9, 2008, 01:36 AM
Take some of those NRA summer classes. When you're home, take some engineering classes (machine operations for lathes, milling machines, shapers, etc.).

mnrivrat
July 9, 2008, 02:02 AM
All knowledge , no matter how obtained, has value. If the on line course is affordable to you I would take it and learn what you can. Other good sources are the AGI tapes , particularly if your interested in learning about a specific firearm.

If your looking for a job as a gunsmith, then a good inhouse school can be an important asset. So can the mechanist knowledge.

Doing stuff for yourself does not require any of that unless you also have several thousand dollars you want to spend on equipment.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gunsmith courses" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!