Savannah Gun Ranges?

PDA

DagoRed
July 9, 2008, 10:20 AM
Looks like I will be moving to the Savannah area shortly, just curious if anyone is familiar with the local shooting scene, where to go and where to avoid?

I shoot handgun, rifle and shotgun. Would like to find good ranges for each.

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Savannah Gun Ranges?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DagoRed
July 9, 2008, 06:31 PM
Nobody?

Nugilum
July 11, 2008, 11:27 PM
Yes, you have your answer.

I used to live there, and there is only one indoor range. It's Patrick's Uniforms & Gun Range in Garden City and it sucks! $20.00/hr (not pro-rated) and you have to buy ammo from him. :cuss:

1/2 a year ago, it was $16.00 for 20 rounds of 7.62x39mm.

Your best bet is to find someone with a lot of private land.

Sorry!!

LopezEL
July 12, 2008, 12:19 AM
Try Palmetto Indoor Range in Hardeeville, SC. It borders Savannah and is not a far drive depending on where you are moving to in Savannah. Thats where I go when I'm home visiting my parents. It is a good place to go shoot. palmettoindoorrange.com

Samuel Adams
July 12, 2008, 06:15 AM
Mission Essential in Hinesville is the place that gets a good deal of my money. They have an indoor range at the gun store and an outdoor range for long guns a few miles away.

If, by chance, you are moving here to work for the Army, Fort Stewart has a range for soldiers and DA employees.

There is also an outdoor range near Richmond Hill but I can't give you any details on it.

DagoRed
July 12, 2008, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the responses, if anyone would feel like giving me an idea of gun laws and any issues in GA, I would appreciate it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Savannah Gun Ranges?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!