S&W Model 15-3 Nickel

PDA

saemetric
July 9, 2008, 04:20 PM
Sort of an observation here:can any sharp-eyed person tell what mods I made to the grips of my model 15? When I got them they were pretty beat up and peeling. I know M-15's came with the small magna type as standard, and regular target style were too big for my hand, so what did I do. Bruce

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W Model 15-3 Nickel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cocojo
July 9, 2008, 04:30 PM
NICE GUN, I want one. S&W model 15's in nickel to boot "YES". Those are K-frame grips, not sure if they put them on this model or not but I don't see why not many police departments used this model and got these grips in the past. I look for one of these all the time they are scare.
You matched the cutout of the grip on the right side to the left side.

Gordon
July 9, 2008, 07:48 PM
Later 80s Goncola Alves Square K frame factory grips.

saemetric
July 9, 2008, 08:41 PM
Cocojo -You are right. I did cut out the rhs so the SW logo is not covered by the target grips. But there is one more subtle mod that I did. Look very closely to the grips! It may take a real SW grip guy to notice.

bannockburn
July 9, 2008, 11:30 PM
saemetric

Did you also remove wood from the bottom of the grips? They look somewhat shorter than the usual target grips; but it could also be the angle of the gun in the pix.

saemetric
July 10, 2008, 11:10 AM
Bannockburn- Good eye-you are right. When I got the grips they looked like the PO had used them to hang up wanted posters or something. I had to remove about 1/4" from the base. A little stock finish and came out good. In fact I like the "short" look as it balances well with the 4" M15.
Bruce

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W Model 15-3 Nickel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!