ever thought about an off-topic section?

PDA

paintballdude902
July 9, 2008, 10:39 PM
alot of forums im a member of have sections called like small talk or off topic

a section for people to just talk about other subjects and get help with things like cars jsut general off topic discussions

did you guys at thr ever think about that?

If you enjoyed reading about "ever thought about an off-topic section?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rbernie
July 9, 2008, 10:55 PM
Yeah. It's been moved to a dedicated URL, and is now called ArmedPoliteSociety (APS). The URL is in a link at the top of the forum.

Larry Ashcraft
July 9, 2008, 11:21 PM
Thought about, tried it. It didn't work. APS is the next best thing.

Check this sticky (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=350166).

paintballdude902
July 10, 2008, 12:40 AM
ok i was just tossing an idea out there but i guess u were already on in a while ago lol

CZ.22
July 11, 2008, 08:12 PM
Why didn't it work?

Could we get one in Vbullitin?

Mal H
July 11, 2008, 08:45 PM
Do a search on "Roundtable" in this forum.

Could we get one what in vbulletin? Vbulletin is simply the underlying software of this (and many) boards; the content is our choice not vbulletin's.

If you're asking if we could port a website like APS to vbulletin, certainly. Are we going to? You would have to ask Oleg and Derek about that, but I would venture to say "no". You and anyone else is perfectly free to create a bulletin board based on vbulletin or any other hosting sw that is an "off-topic" board.

Derek Zeanah
July 11, 2008, 09:00 PM
well, vBulletin isn't free, so the odds of that happening are slim.

It's not like we're pulling in advertising revenue or anything...

hso
July 11, 2008, 11:46 PM
Addressed in the FAQ posted above.

Gunnerpalace
July 27, 2008, 03:27 PM
Is it wrong of me to post?

Anyway I think all the asking for a General Area is the fact that arfcom has one, and while I enjoy "what is you favorite band,team,cheese" poll's and people going on tangents about Walmart and movies, as much as the next person that would not meld here very well, that and the mods would have a nightmare of a time with it.

JShirley
July 27, 2008, 03:43 PM
Asked. Answered. Done.

If you enjoyed reading about "ever thought about an off-topic section?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!