Does anyone have one of these??

PDA

bennadatto
July 10, 2008, 04:15 PM
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat602007-cat20817&rid=&indexId=cat20817&navAction=push&masterpathid=&navCount=5&parentType=index&parentId=cat20817&id=0022090

This looks like a beautiful pistol, however, I'm not too crazy about the gold. Would it be easy to remove without damaging the engraving?

thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Does anyone have one of these??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
AdmiralB
July 10, 2008, 04:30 PM
I don't own one, but I've seen and handled one (at Bass Pro). Personally I found it extremely gaudy.

arcticap
July 10, 2008, 05:08 PM
I saw a factory 2nd on sale where some of the plating had flaked off, but I don't know if that typically happens over time.

sundance44s
July 10, 2008, 05:30 PM
I hear they are plated over brass frames ...nope not worth , nor made to be a shooter ..Just for lookin at .
Although if someone gave me one ...I`d shoot the gold and silver off of it ..lol

Smokin_Gun
July 10, 2008, 10:36 PM
Sundance is right, I had a seller on Gunbroker check one he had for sale with a magnet...Brass frame Nickle Plated. Still a good Rev, I like the looks.

Wouldn't be my Boar Huntin
Rev though...HeeHee!

SG

If you enjoyed reading about "Does anyone have one of these??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!