If our politicians and law makers took the 2nd seriously...

PDA

Orange_Magnum
July 10, 2008, 06:39 PM
1. Concealed carry of any firearm in public would be illegal for civilians.

2. Handguns with a barrel equal to or longer than 6", machineguns, long rifles, landmines, shoulder-supported rocket launchers, dynamite, etc, etc, firearms that a typical militia would be using would be the only type of firearms covered by the second amendment. And all legal to carry openly in public.

3. Criminals would only be able to carry firearms in a situation where the country or constitution were under attack.

If you enjoyed reading about "If our politicians and law makers took the 2nd seriously..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
texas bulldog
July 10, 2008, 06:44 PM
i guess i failed to see where in the majority opinion they declared that only sub-nosed handguns were covered. in fact, they said it applies to arms "in common use." i certainly think that covers more than just snubbies, but maybe it's just me.

also...the question before them was, after all, a handgun ban.

Jorg Nysgerrig
July 10, 2008, 06:51 PM
It seems like every post I read complaining about Heller is more stupid than the last. Are we witnessing some sort of rapid devolution or have the Monday morning quarterback armchair Constitutional experts just been hiding in the woodwork waiting all this time?

Justin
July 10, 2008, 06:53 PM
Sorry, but there are already a ton of threads dealing with the Heller decision on THR.

If you enjoyed reading about "If our politicians and law makers took the 2nd seriously..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!