Looking to finally get my CCW.....

PDA

tenacioustanaka
July 10, 2008, 08:01 PM
Since I will be moving to Dallas from La La land sometime toward the end of this year, my plans most likely will keep me there for the better part of a year, perhaps a bit longer longer.

While there I would like to take up my "sword" and get a CCW permit. I've looked into this issue all but briefly and I still have tons of homework to do on the subject. However, it never hurts to ask the gunnies that may live in that area what I'm in for. It is worthwhile or even possible? I'm hearing Dallas ain't the friendliest place for such issues.

Any suggestions on classes/permit offices/whatever else I need to get the ball rolling once there?

Standing by for the barrage of other questions I know will follow.

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking to finally get my CCW....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Treo
July 10, 2008, 08:31 PM
If you get the permit you have to do the Wal-Mart walk

jagugator
July 10, 2008, 08:52 PM
If you get the permit you have to do the Wal-Mart walk

That's pretty funny because I got my permit three days ago and today was the first day I could use it (duty got in the way) and my wife needed some things from Walmart although I did go to the bank and dropped off some movies first.

As far as your situation I am in VA and military experience counts for us so all I had to do was fill out paperwork get it noterized and pay the 50 bucks and 22 days later my permit was in my mailbox.

Here is a pretty good website to start http://carryconcealed.net it shows you all of the useful links. There is even a trip planner to tell you if your permit is good in the states you will be travelling through.

Hope that gets you started!

Ed

CountGlockula
July 10, 2008, 08:52 PM
I guess it must be desparate times if you have to leave Honolulu.

tenacioustanaka
July 10, 2008, 09:12 PM
lol, not i'm not pulling my hair out to leave quite yet but after being stationed here for the last 6 years and 11 total in the Navy, I just want to try other avenues life has to offer. It has been a great ride and I'll always be indebted to the service for giving this poor eastern North Carolina boy a direction in life. AND, I must add, it has been a privilege to serve the good people of this Great nation.

Hawaii is a wonderous place, full of amazing sights and sounds you will find nowhere else. But I can relegate my feeling to " been there, done that, got that tee shirt".

Of course, Dallas is just a stepping stone as after my time there is done, I'll strike out for other island life..... the PHILIPPINES.....:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking to finally get my CCW....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!